Ky Kids playing AAU basketball this summer

I heard the Bulldogs won a tourney in Louisville Hoops over the weekend.

2009 NKY Bulldogs:

5 Matt Trammel Dixie Point Guard

24 Zach Barnett St. Henry Point Guard

1 Jacob Flesch Conner Point Guard

33 Tyler Fangman Beechwood Combo Guard

22 Joey Allen Holly Cross Combo Guard

34 Todd Vollet Ryle Power Forward

31 Bobby Stauffer Ryle Center

11 Tyler Hodges Conner Swing Forward

44 Jack Stewart Highlands Swing Forward

I have seen couple of their games over the summer and all these kids can play ball.

Jack Stewart from Highlands has got nice size and is a force on the boards.

Todd Vollet has a nice combination size, strength and a soft shooting touch.

Tyler Hodges does a nice job on defense and is a tough match up for team with his size and ability to play inside and out.

Bobby Stauffer works well in the paint and is hard to stop.

Matt Trammel impressive ball handler and can score when needed.

Tyler Fangman is a pure shooter that has nice size for a guard that can rebound. Sees the floor well.

Jacob Flesh quick defender that can score when needed.

Joey Allen good fundamental defense player that can shoot and pass well.

Zach Barnett very quick and sneaky player does a lot of things well and can put up points in a hurry. Just some of my observations from the couple of games I saw over the spring.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Bulldogs won a tourney in Louisville Hoops over the weekend.

2009 NKY Bulldogs:

5 Matt Trammel Dixie Point Guard

24 Zach Barnett St. Henry Point Guard

1 Jacob Flesch Conner Point Guard

33 Tyler Fangman Beechwood Combo Guard

22 Joey Allen Holly Cross Combo Guard

34 Todd Vollet Ryle Power Forward

31 Bobby Stauffer Ryle Center

11 Tyler Hodges Conner Swing Forward

44 Jack Stewart Highlands Swing Forward

I have seen couple of their games over the summer and all these kids can play ball.

Jack Stewart from Highlands has got nice size and is a force on the boards.

Todd Vollet has a nice combination size, strength and a soft shooting touch.

Tyler Hodges does a nice job on defense and is a tough match up for team with his size and ability to play inside and out.

Bobby Stauffer works well in the paint and is hard to stop.

Matt Trammel impressive ball handler and can score when needed.

Tyler Fangman is a pure shooter that has nice size for a guard that can rebound. Sees the floor well.

Jacob Flesh quick defender that can score when needed.

Joey Allen good fundamental defense player that can shoot and pass well.

Zach Barnett very quick and sneaky player does a lot of things well and can put up points in a hurry. Just some of my observations from the couple of games I saw over the spring.

Yeah, I have seen this team a few times this spring and some of these boys in highschool ball. I saw that they will be playing in the KY state tournament this weekend and they have Shining Stars and Higher Level in their pool. Derek Smith Allstars 16u is also in that tournament with the Lexington Ice as well. I think the NKY Bulldogs can make a run, but they will have their hands full. I will be interested to watch their games. I hope they do NKY proud.

If the DSAA 16's don't play up, I don't see anyone that can compete with them in the 16U divsion. They are as loaded a team as I've seen in years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they won the nationals last year as 15's.

Which team are you talking about in the 16 and under?

If the DSAA 16's don't play up, I don't see anyone that can compete with them in the 16U divsion. They are as loaded a team as I've seen in years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they won the nationals last year as 15's.

I do agree that the DSAS U16 should walk through this tournament. I bolded should because I am a firm believer that anything is possible and nothing is a given. All it would take is for the ICE to get hot (how ironic) and they could knock them off. It should be a fun weekend. I miss the days when there were 20 teams in the state tournament. Where are the Charlotte Court & Royal Family?

This Derek Smith team did not play in Nationals together. This team was just put together for the first time. They have not played together before this year.

I was wondering the same thing about Charlotte Court and some of the other teams. Why are they not playing in the state tournament anymore?

I do agree that the DSAS U16 should walk through this tournament. I bolded should because I am a firm believer that anything is possible and nothing is a given. All it would take is for the ICE to get hot (how ironic) and they could knock them off. It should be a fun weekend. I miss the days when there were 20 teams in the state tournament. Where are the Charlotte Court & Royal Family?

I agree with you that you have to go out and take games. No team is going to give it to you. These kids are relentless and they all feel like they are the best. DSAS is likely the best on paper, but dont under estimate the heart of a champion and all of these kids are champions (in that it is likely that most of these kids have won a lot games and/or tournaments).

Also, DSAS is coming in with a target on that jersey, it'll be great to watch how the respond.

I agree, I thought I would see the Charlotte Court and/or the Royal Family.

I agree with you that you have to go out and take games. No team is going to give it to you. These kids are relentless and they all feel like they are the best. DSAS is likely the best on paper, but dont under estimate the heart of a champion and all of these kids are champions (in that it is likely that most of these kids have won a lot games and/or tournaments).

Also, DSAS is coming in with a target on that jersey, it'll be great to watch how the respond.

I agree, I thought I would see the Charlotte Court and/or the Royal Family.

I think that WKY Elite, ICE and SS are going to show DSAS something this weekend. I believe there isn’t enough basketball to go around on that team. If it comes down to coaching, the ICE has won it and SS has won it, I like the experience of those over DSAS. I really think WKY Elite is going to turn some heads this weekend!! DSAS are loaded and a lot of talk about them walking through it, maybe the BIG HEAD this weekend?:idunno:

Good Luck to them all!

The Shining Star Sports-Pittman (15u) team has played in three tournaments. They have won two of the three and lost in the championship game of the other. They are off to a fantastic start.

The team has a great group of guards.

Cody Chambers of Simon Kenton

Ross Muncy of Lexington Catholic

Bryan Woomer of Lexington Catholic

Cameron Duncan of Desales

Cooper Downs of Boone County

This is a fun team to watch. They play defense all over the floor and really push the ball on offense. They shoot a ton of threes with a lot of different players.

They also have a great group of forwards and centers.

Craig Floyd of Lex Catholic

Victor Stewart of Doss

Sawyer Williams of Owen Co

Connor Cleves of Cov Catholic

Brandon Brooks of DeSales

Evan Bingham of DeSales looked good in the first tourney but has been injured. Hopefully he will be able to play this weekend.

Both DSAS teams and Team Kentucky were in the AMC last year and did well, too bad they moved their tourney back a week.

I just peaked at the Adidas May Classic tournament and it is loaded this weekend. Unfortunate that it falls the same weekend as our state tournament. It looks like it would be fun.

I think that WKY Elite, ICE and SS are going to show DSAS something this weekend. I believe there isn’t enough basketball to go around on that team. If it comes down to coaching, the ICE has won it and SS has won it, I like the experience of those over DSAS. I really think WKY Elite is going to turn some heads this weekend!! DSAS are loaded and a lot of talk about them walking through it, maybe the BIG HEAD this weekend?:idunno:

Good Luck to them all!

See, where you like the WKY Elite, I like the NKY Bulldogs. Im just an underdog guy and they seem really scrappy and fundamental. WKY Elite is a decent team with a great player in Josh Forrest and they could make some noise as well. I see a lot of people talking about the DSAS and the Lexington Ice, but others have a lot to offer as well. I cant wait.