Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Time UNC Team

Featured Replies

  • Author

So we are dismissing Tyler Hansborough from even making the team...WOW!

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we are dismissing Tyler Hansborough from even making the team...WOW!

 

Is great as TH was, I can't find a starting spot for him.

:thumb:Not a chance anyone else makes a roster of 15. Would be unlikely that Lawson makes it but at the pg position he has a chance.

 

So we are dismissing Tyler Hansborough from even making the team...WOW!

 

Is great as TH was, I can't find a starting spot for him.

 

I believe he meant the entire team, not the starting 5.

  • Author
I believe he meant the entire team, not the starting 5.

 

:thumb:

 

 

I don't think Hansborough makes it in a starting 5, but I do think he makes the team.

Lawson

Stackhouse

Jamison

Hansbrough

Perkins

 

Bench:

Jordan

Carter

Worthy

Daugherty

Felton

McAdoo

Wallace

Lawson

Stackhouse

Jamison

Hansbrough

Perkins

 

Bench:

Jordan

Carter

Worthy

Daugherty

Felton

McAdoo

Wallace

 

Jordan on the bench??? That is blasphemy! :lol:

Jordan on the bench??? That is blasphemy! :lol:

 

Remember Dean Smith is the only man to hold MJ under 20 points per game. PG PHIL FORD

SG MJ

C SAM PERKINS

PF BOB MACADOO

SF JAMES WORTHY

Those are my picks but enough talent there through the years to have a lot of different starting fives.

Jordan on the bench??? That is blasphemy! :lol:

 

Jordan was a much better professional player than a college. In college, there are several players better than him IMO. Including Antawn Jamison and Jerry Stackhouse.

Jordan was a much better professional player than a college. In college, there are several players better than him IMO. Including Antawn Jamison and Jerry Stackhouse.

 

Yes, Jordan was a great pro player. But he was also a player of the year in college, and could've easily been twice. Not too shabby. And Stackhouse and Jamison do not come close to matching up.

Edited by Jim Schue

Yes, Jordan was a great pro player. But he was also a player of the year in college, and could've easily been twice. Not too shabby. And Stackhouse and Jamison do not come close to matching up.

 

Jordan averaged 17 points and 5 boards a game in his three years at Carolina, winning one National Player of the Year in 1984. Jamison averaged 19 points and 9 rebounds a game in his three seasons at Carolina and also won the National Player of the Year award in 1998. They compare to me, I'm not disputing who was the better player in the NBA-because it's hands down Jordan-but because of who he was in the NBA, doesn't mean no one is in the discussion.

5 best players we've talked about at UNC are:

 

Jordan

Jamison

Stackhouse

Worthy

and take your pick.

 

Honestly, while he was at UNC, I will have to give Spikes credit, Jamison was the best. It didn't translate to the NBA because even his side-kick Vince Carter was better in the NBA, not to mention HOF's ike Jordan and Worthy. But he was tough in college. Honestly, if you take players that played atleast 3 years, he is one of the top handful of players since '90 in college basketball. In college, he was better than Jordan. It may have been that he fit Coach Smth's system better though.

 

If I was going to put an all-time UNC team together to play a game I would forget about postions, because most of the top players in UNC history were either on the wing or power forwards.

 

I would have

Stackhouse bring the ball up at PG

Jordan at the 2.

Carter at the 3.

Jamison at the 4

and..................Hansborough at the 5.

 

I know those aren't everyone's top 5 players, but that team would be tough to defend. Before people bash Psycho-T, I think his records speak for themselves. He definitely isn't the most talented player to ever where the Tarheel blue, but I think in a college game he would hold his own with almost anyone.

 

I'm not really big on Worthy. I think his style of game really benefitted from the players he played with in college and in the pros. I think Jamison in college would have absolutely abused him. NBA is a different game of course.

 

Of the UNC true PG's I would take Ed Cota over the rest. Lawson is a better college player than Felton, and Smtih as well, IMO.

 

No one has to (or probably will) agree with my thinking on this but it is JMO.

Jordan averaged 17 points and 5 boards a game in his three years at Carolina, winning one National Player of the Year in 1984. Jamison averaged 19 points and 9 rebounds a game in his three seasons at Carolina and also won the National Player of the Year award in 1998. They compare to me, I'm not disputing who was the better player in the NBA-because it's hands down Jordan-but because of who he was in the NBA, doesn't mean no one is in the discussion.

 

Jamison played PF in college and MJ played SG, I don't think you can compare the two...

PG Ed Cota - He is third alltime assist man for division one.

SG Jordan - Can't have an all time team with MJ.

SF Stackhouse - The ultimate slasher.

PF Worthy - Must have Big Game James on this team

C Wallace- At 6"11", he is the best college center to play at UNC

 

My second team( or my bench.)

 

PG Lawson - Probably should have went with Ford, but I like Lawsons speed.

SG Donald Williams - 93 tournament MVP, was a lights out shooter.

SF Rick Fox - He was Mr. everything for the heels during his time. (V. Carter.. maybe)

PF Jamison - great career and one of my favorites.

C Psycho T - He deserves to be on this team.

My second team( or my bench.)

 

PG Lawson - Probably should have went with Ford, but I like Lawsons speed.

SG Donald Williams - 93 tournament MVP, was a lights out shooter.

SF Rick Fox - He was Mr. everything for the heels during his time. (V. Carter.. maybe)

PF Jamison - great career and one of my favorites.

C Psycho T - He deserves to be on this team.

 

 

Here are some that might deserve mention that no one seems to recall:

 

Mitch Kupchek Forward/Center

Walter Davis Great Small Forward

Mike O'Koren

Larry Miller Great shooting Small Forward from the 60's

Charlie Scott PG/SG

Hubert Davis

 

 

I would take Phil Ford over any PG UNC has had. He would have adapted well to today's game.

 

I was not that impressed with Fox in his career except as a utility/hustle guy

 

Donald Williams to me was a streaky shooter. Great Final Four in '93 but seemed to disapper his last 2 years

 

:thumb:

Jamison played PF in college and MJ played SG, I don't think you can compare the two...

 

Very true:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.