Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who gets the Xavier job?

Featured Replies

Many people like Chris Mack. Some think he may not be quite refined enough and may not just fit that "mold".

I have heard Ricky Pitino Jr's name as a possibilty...he knows the A-10, coached at Duquesne.

Masiello could be another but he has a little bit of a rep himself.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard Chris Mack will meet with Bobinski on Wednesday to discuss his future with the program.

The new coach should have one fine team during his first season. Mack has coached under some very good head guys in Prosser and Miller.

The new coach should have one fine team during his first season. Mack has coached under some very good head guys in Prosser and Miller.

 

Your first sentence is why I don't think it will be Mack or an assistant coach.

It should be Mack.

I'd like to see Mack get it. Hes a fine coach and by all accounts I have heard a good guy.

I'll stick with my intial though and say Dana Altman

I'd go with Mack, he's a XU alum, their lead assistant, and their best recruiter. I think the ties to the program and the recruits will allow him to maintain the success they've had the last decade or more. The situation is similar to Brad Stevens being hired at Butler or Pastner at Memphis. Being a great recruiter and an insider should allow for an easy transistion and allows XU to remain on top of the A-10.

I'd go with Mack, he's a XU alum, their lead assistant, and their best recruiter. I think the ties to the program and the recruits will allow him to maintain the success they've had the last decade or more. The situation is similar to Brad Stevens being hired at Butler or Pastner at Memphis. Being a great recruiter and an insider should allow for an easy transistion and allows XU to remain on top of the A-10.

Book Richardson was the best recruiter on staff...

Book Richardson was the best recruiter on staff...

 

Is he going West?

Is he going West?

Not sure yet...

What about Chris Mack and bringing Pat Kelsey from Wake Forest back to XU as his head assistant?

 

If not I'd love to put a birdie in Johnny Dawkins ear at Stanford, hmmmm.

Is there anyone that doesn't agree that the X program of 2009 is NOT the same as the X program of 2004? IF so the theory that "we hired Sean when he was an assistant so we should hire (Mack/Kelsey)" doesn't fly with me. They hired an assistant then because they didn't have as many good options as they will now. I'm not saying they're going to get the HC from Kansas or Texas or Duke to want the job but they sure as heck are going to get better candidates now than they did in 2004.

 

I'd let Mack and Kelsey go to a Boston U or WKU before I'd consider them for the X job.

Is there anyone that doesn't agree that the X program of 2009 is NOT the same as the X program of 2004? IF so the theory that "we hired Sean when he was an assistant so we should hire (Mack/Kelsey)" doesn't fly with me. They hired an assistant then because they didn't have as many good options as they will now. I'm not saying they're going to get the HC from Kansas or Texas or Duke to want the job but they sure as heck are going to get better candidates now than they did in 2004.

 

I'd let Mack and Kelsey go to a Boston U or WKU before I'd consider them for the X job.

 

While I'm agreeing w/ you it has worked for X so it wouldn't surprise me if they did go that route. Also Memphis is more established over the last 5 years and after being turned down by current head coaches they went the assistant route. If they get turned down 3 times or more who are they then looking at?

While I'm agreeing w/ you it has worked for X so it wouldn't surprise me if they did go that route. Also Memphis is more established over the last 5 years and after being turned down by current head coaches they went the assistant route. If they get turned down 3 times or more who are they then looking at?

 

X will not get turned down 3 times. My guess is the #1 choice will accept the position.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.