Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruits

Featured Replies

I'm also smart enough to realize that Calipari is pushing his assistant for his job in Memphis so that his recruits dont jump ship and make him the scourge among the coaching community.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also smart enough to realize that Calipari is pushing his assistant for his job in Memphis so that his recruits dont jump ship and make him the scourge among the coaching community.

 

It's different because Cousins and Wall haven't signed with Memphis. They are free to do whatever they like as soon as they like. They don't have to wait on Memphis to name a new coach.

I'm also smart enough to realize that Calipari is pushing his assistant for his job in Memphis so that his recruits dont jump ship and make him the scourge among the coaching community.

 

Tony Barbee is the Coach at UTEP. Cal is pushing him to Memphis.

I'm also smart enough to realize that Calipari is pushing his assistant for his job in Memphis so that his recruits dont jump ship and make him the scourge among the coaching community.

 

Heard he was bringing all of his assistants with him?

Heard he was bringing all of his assistants with him?

 

He would be. Barbee isn't one of his assistants.

You would think he would be smart enough to know there is a huge difference between the two situations. Especially, since two players that are linked to Memphis, one through a verbal commitment and one through speculation, DeMarcus Cousins & John Wall have not signed LOI's. They can do anything they want with their college playing careers.

 

Also, according to reports, SG-Nolan Dennis has an agreement with the university that if Coach Cal was to leave Memphis he would be allowed out of his LOI!

 

No, idea what Xavier Henry would do--he signed in the fall--but he said he chose Memphis for his love of Coach Cal! However, a new coach could talk him into staying with his commit.

He would be. Barbee isn't one of his assistants.

 

Look at the post I quoted.

Look at the post I quoted.
The reports are he is pushing for Tony Barbee to replace him at Memphis. This is a former assistant of his. But not one of his current assistant coaches.
The reports are he is pushing for Tony Barbee to replace him at Memphis. This is a former assistant of his. But not one of his current assistant coaches.

 

 

Right.:thumb: Said he was bringing all current ones with him.

You would think he would be smart enough to know there is a huge difference between the two situations. Especially, since two players that are linked to Memphis, one through a verbal commitment and one through speculation, DeMarcus Cousins & John Wall have not signed LOI's. They can do anything they want with their college playing careers.

 

Also, according to reports, SG-Nolan Dennis has an agreement with the university that if Coach Cal was to leave Memphis he would be allowed out of his LOI!

 

No, idea what Xavier Henry would do--he signed in the fall--but he said he chose Memphis for his love of Coach Cal! However, a new coach could talk him into staying with his commit.

 

 

 

Henry really struggled with his decision, I believe if not for Coach Calipari he would of landed in Kansas. Imo, Kansas is where he ends up.

From what I've read and heard, Cousins would be willing to come to Kentucky, Wall would probably put UK on his list, but they weren't there before, I know Cal has a lot to do with it, but perhaps other factors are at work there-campus lifestyle, location, little things such as that. Henry has signed his LOI, so I doubt that he would be let go, but he may stay anyway, I think his brother plays at Memphis. Also, I've heard that Wesley Witherspoon and Salley would follow him to Lexington, sit out next year and be ready to play in 2011.

 

I think that if Cousins comes and Pat-Pat were to stay, Orton may not come-unless he's signed his LOI, which I don't know if he has.

 

This would be a heck of a potential line up, key word is potential though:

 

PG-John Wall

SG-Jodie Meeks

SF-Xavier Henry

PF-DeMarcus Cousins

C-Patrick Patterson

 

Bench-Kevin Galloway, Matt Pilgrim, Jon Hood, Darius Miller, Perry Stevenson.

From what I've read and heard, Cousins would be willing to come to Kentucky, Wall would probably put UK on his list, but they weren't there before, I know Cal has a lot to do with it, but perhaps other factors are at work there-campus lifestyle, location, little things such as that. Henry has signed his LOI, so I doubt that he would be let go, but he may stay anyway, I think his brother plays at Memphis. Also, I've heard that Wesley Witherspoon and Salley would follow him to Lexington, sit out next year and be ready to play in 2011.

 

I think that if Cousins comes and Pat-Pat were to stay, Orton may not come-unless he's signed his LOI, which I don't know if he has.

 

This would be a heck of a potential line up, key word is potential though:

 

PG-John Wall

SG-Jodie Meeks

SF-Xavier Henry

PF-DeMarcus Cousins

C-Patrick Patterson

 

Bench-Kevin Galloway, Matt Pilgrim, Jon Hood, Darius Miller, Perry Stevenson.

 

Orton has indeed signed his LOI with Kentucky so he's ours but may ask out since Gillispie was fired. However, based on what his father said, it seems he would remain committed to Kentucky if Calipari were to become the head coach.

One of the little snags at this stage is the verbal commitments.

JC just wants to honor DFerg's pledge, and that is it.

Can't blame him...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.