March 31, 200917 yr Orton has indeed signed his LOI with Kentucky so he's ours but may ask out since Gillispie was fired. However, based on what his father said, it seems he would remain committed to Kentucky if Calipari were to become the head coach. Was Memphis State originally on Orton's short list?
March 31, 200917 yr Orton has indeed signed his LOI with Kentucky so he's ours but may ask out since Gillispie was fired. However, based on what his father said, it seems he would remain committed to Kentucky if Calipari were to become the head coach. Well then Kentucky has the deepest front court in the country, and perhaps three first round NBA draft picks. Call me delusional or whatever, but if UK's starting lineup next season is Wall, Meeks, Henry (or Miller-I think he'd be good in Cal's system), Pat-Pat and Cousins with the bench we'd have, we would be a National Title favorite. Take that New York Times!
March 31, 200917 yr Well then Kentucky has the deepest front court in the country, and perhaps three first round NBA draft picks. Call me delusional or whatever, but if UK's starting lineup next season is Wall, Meeks, Henry (or Miller-I think he'd be good in Cal's system), Pat-Pat and Cousins with the bench we'd have, we would be a National Title favorite. Take that New York Times! Seriously? Are we marking this post down?
March 31, 200917 yr Seriously? Are we marking this post down? Yes. If we get Wall, Cousins, Orton and Meeks and Patterson. UK will be a National Title favorite, and I will pick them to win the NCAA Title-something I've never done BTW-I was too young to fill out brackets in 1996,97 or 98.
March 31, 200917 yr Key word is could. Just like DeAndre Jordan could have followed Gillispie to Lexington but didnt He was from Texas and signed LOI. None of these guys are from Memphis, different situation.
March 31, 200917 yr Concerning LOI questions about Memphis recruits I posted this on another thread: I was listening to an interview here on Virginia Radio with the voice of the Memphis Tigers. He was explaining that Calipari had put in his LOI's for Memphis an escape clause for any student-athlete that signed and the coach left before they came. This was due to a player who had signed with UAB and Mike Davis was gone. He then had to sit out a year. Calipari didn't like it and negotiated with UM to have this kind of wording for a LOI with Memphis. I might add now that the Memphis announcer believed that Cal was going to UK and that he would be taking at least 3 recruits with him and maybe a current player that wanted to transfer and sit out a year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.