Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel Job?

Featured Replies

Has anyone been hired?

 

If not, who all has put in for the job?

  • Replies 218
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been hired?

 

If not, who all has put in for the job?

 

Good question I would like to know too. I would say that their would be quite a few applicants that are interested in this job.

Who ran spring practice for them?

From what I have "heard" the two Coordinators ran the spring. The coach who has accepted a job elsewhere hasn't resigned yet, that is keeping the school from being able with proceeding to hire a replacement. I was told SB would not let them until old coach officially resigned, and he wanted to stay on until end of contract (June or July) to get full years pay. I was given this info by two different parents of South Players.

I would think his accepting of another job would be enough to say that he's resigned. It's not like they will wait until his contract runs out at the end of June to officially hire a new coach...

Who are some of the people rumored to be in the running? Is there a candidate head and shoulders above the others that they like?

A June/July hire cannot help this team like a team should be helped, IMO.

UNLESS it is a current staff member, it does not allow a new coach to enter a very good situation. Missing the spring would not be the best thing that could happen to a new coach.

 

I agree. Taking a new job almost always means a resignation here in the real world.....

From what I was told Chappell did resign last week. There was an issue over money and that is why he hadnt already resigned. The Coordinators are running spring practice and both of those have applied for the coaching job. Was told that 2 possibly 3 others have applied for the job also.

From what I was told Chappell did resign last week. There was an issue over money and that is why he hadnt already resigned. The Coordinators are running spring practice and both of those have applied for the coaching job. Was told that 2 possibly 3 others have applied for the job also.

 

Who are the coordinators? Who are the other 2 or 3? If you can't give names on the others, can you give connections or current jobs???

Chris Hayes is the OC and Larry Welch is the DC. I am not 100% certain on the names of the other ones that have applied but did hear that one of them was a Bell Co asst. and one was from a school in Tenn. Also am hearing that a HC from a school in Georgia has applied but not certain on that one.

  • Author

Just heard today that Bert Browne from Perry Central might be putting in for the job so that he can get closer to his mother. She lives in Madison Co. Not 100% on this one but that's what some1 told me.

Chris Hayes is the OC and Larry Welch is the DC. I am not 100% certain on the names of the other ones that have applied but did hear that one of them was a Bell Co asst. and one was from a school in Tenn. Also am hearing that a HC from a school in Georgia has applied but not certain on that one.

 

I think the world of both these guys. Great guys.

 

However, Larry Welch was formerly the head coach at North Laurel and had a very rough time. I am not sure if Chris has his teaching certification yet.

 

I am just not sure that it will either one of these guys, but I would expect 1 or both to still be on the staff next year.

I would expect a coach from the outside. Typically only very successful programs promote from within; south isn't bad but have a ways to go before winning championships.

Chris Hayes is the OC and Larry Welch is the DC. I am not 100% certain on the names of the other ones that have applied but did hear that one of them was a Bell Co asst. and one was from a school in Tenn. Also am hearing that a HC from a school in Georgia has applied but not certain on that one.

 

Wonder if the HC from Georgia is the one who was hc at Whitley for about a month and left for Ga.??? It's a long-shot, but possible... I agree that they need to fill this ASAP. Seemed like they spun their wheels a little with the NL job before filling it. They don't have the luxury of time on this one, or at least not in my opinion.

Chris Hayes is the OC and Larry Welch is the DC. I am not 100% certain on the names of the other ones that have applied but did hear that one of them was a Bell Co asst. and one was from a school in Tenn. Also am hearing that a HC from a school in Georgia has applied but not certain on that one.

 

I wonder who the Bell Co. assistant is?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.