Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if.....

Featured Replies

While we are talking "what if's", what if Woden doesn't announce his retirement before the '75 championship game? UK wins another title!

 

What if the NCAA doesn't put us in the same region as LSU, whom we beat three times already that season? UK wins another title!

OK, DF, WHAT IF he put the team together legally and we won all those championships?

There. I like that what if. With what we put together then, we were looking at many, many titles most likely. Is this scenario better for "What If"?

 

It didn't happen.

 

(I can't believe I just got called down over a what if scenario from over 20 years ago, but OK.)

 

What if everyone played by the rules and ran clean programs? What if there were no gray areas?

 

But they don't and there are.

 

That is the GLORY of what if. Nothing matters and we can make everything fit. What if the world was square? What if gravity only worked sometimes? What if Elvis is still alive and sleeping over at Jim Morrison's place?

 

It's just a version of let's pretend.

I mean, all I was pointing out was that the scenario was "What if Eddie Sutton didn't get caught?" As far as I'm concerned, if he didn't get caught meant he got players to UK by illicit means.

For real...:ohbrother:

 

You can :ohbrother: all you want. I was going by the what he was saying in the "What If", which was that Sutton doesn't get caught and gets those guys there.

 

I'll let you guys enjoy your fantasy world of what if undisturbed from now on. :isurrender:

I'll give you a "what if."

 

What if Barnhart had hired Tom Crean two years ago?

 

He would use the phone to much to recruit just like sampson

What If as a fantasy world, as you just stated, is just that.

A look at what we picture COULD have happened and did not, based on unchanged situations and actions/reactions.

 

You are the one who tried to make it a REAL world issue now, like we could either celebrate some dirty championships or do something to change it.

 

Believe me, if I had the power to go back and change some things, Sutton and the scandal would not be high on my list.

 

Now, you can go and enjoy your life again, also!

You can :ohbrother: all you want. I was going by the what he was saying in the "What If", which was that Sutton doesn't get caught and gets those guys there.

 

I'll let you guys enjoy your fantasy world of what if undisturbed from now on. :isurrender:

 

Thank you. :thumb:

As I watched the games this week, the candidate search for UK and the NBA games, my mind drifted and wondered how would everything be different if that little ping pong ball comes up Celtic green and Ricky P gets Tim Duncan.

 

San Antonio does not have the run of championships.

Celtics might have won 1 or 2 with Duncan and Garnett is probably still a Timberwolve.

UL does not have Pitino as a coach and you probably don't see the success they have seen the past few years.

UK fans might still have Tubby or at least Billy as a coach as they are a little more patient with Pitino in Louisville.

 

If if's and buts were beer and nuts we would all be haing one heck of a time...

What if Pat Riley wouldn't have had an infected foot and Louie Dampier wouldn't have been sick with the flu, there would be no Texas Western story about the most significant bball game ever played.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.