Time Frame to New Coach

YankeeFan22

Just depends imo. A coach that is not playing may be closer than a coach that still is. I say at this point a top notch coach is more interested than following Tubby. Thats just imo though, it took longer than wanted to find Pitino for UK so as long they get it right I don't care how long it takes.

My take would be if they are going to get Calipari or Billy D, it will happen quickly, probably early next week or sooner. If it goes much longer then those guys are out of the running (or weren't ever in the running)? If the search extends into a week or more, they are shooting for (or have already cut a deal with) an existing guy still involved in the tourney? Longer than that (past the final four) and they've been quietly turned down by their first few choices, and will likely end up with a "mid-major" or an "up & comer"--Probably a guy with KY roots like Pelphrey or Ford.

I really think it will be either Donovan, Calipari, or Izzo... with Miller getting an outside. Do I have any inside information on that? No. I don't think anyone does.

The short list I've been told is Izzo, Donovan and Ford. Calipari was in the group but has said no.

The short list I've been told is Izzo, Donovan and Ford. Calipari was in the group but has said no.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but from everything I have heard and read, Calipari is interested in the job if Kentucky makes him feel wanted and offers the cash to get him here.

I think if Kentucky wants Calipari, they can get him. There have been some reports that said "Calipari is happy here, likes Memphis, blah blah blah.." but what do you honestly expect him to say? "I want the Kentucky job if they ever offer it; if not, I will be happy here."

I think out of Izzo, Donovan and Calipari, that Cal is last on the list, but I think he should be first.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but from everything I have heard and read, Calipari is interested in the job if Kentucky makes him feel wanted and offers the cash to get him here.

I think if Kentucky wants Calipari, they can get him. There have been some reports that said "Calipari is happy here, likes Memphis, blah blah blah.." but what do you honestly expect him to say? "I want the Kentucky job if they ever offer it; if not, I will be happy here."

I think out of Izzo, Donovan and Calipari, that Cal is last on the list, but I think he should be first.

It just scrolled across ESPN that he has said no.

Am I the only person on here that is hoping we get Travis Ford? While Donovan is a younger coach, it took him some time to turn around the Florida program. I know he was an assistant at UK under Ricky P but Travis knows first hand what the sport of basketball means to us all as a player and that could translate over to some hi-speed coaching IMO. I know he isn't "proven" but I believe that every person wants to coach for their alma mater and I think that brings something else to the table that money can't buy. I don't want a Donovan or a coach Cal that I think are only in it because UK is willing to offer them more money than what they can get at their current schools. I know Donovan is an ego-case and would love to be the #1 coach at a univeristy and Florida can't offer him that as long as Urban Meyer is down there. I still think that Ford could bring some passion to this program that is MUCH needed at this time. That is just my opinion, probably doesn't mean much.