Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Time Frame to New Coach

Featured Replies

Am I the only person on here that is hoping we get Travis Ford? While Donovan is a younger coach, it took him some time to turn around the Florida program. I know he was an assistant at UK under Ricky P but Travis knows first hand what the sport of basketball means to us all as a player and that could translate over to some hi-speed coaching IMO. I know he isn't "proven" but I believe that every person wants to coach for their alma mater and I think that brings something else to the table that money can't buy. I don't want a Donovan or a coach Cal that I think are only in it because UK is willing to offer them more money than what they can get at their current schools. I know Donovan is an ego-case and would love to be the #1 coach at a univeristy and Florida can't offer him that as long as Urban Meyer is down there. I still think that Ford could bring some passion to this program that is MUCH needed at this time. That is just my opinion, probably doesn't mean much.

 

 

What do you consider some time?

 

He went to Florida in the '97 season and had the Gators in the Title game in 2000. Not bad particularly given Gator history.

Probably 2-3 weeks.. maybe by the end of the first week of baseball.

  • Author
Probably 2-3 weeks.. maybe by the end of the first week of baseball.

 

I can not wait for that to start.

 

Go Reds!:dancingpa:dancingpa

Am I the only person on here that is hoping we get Travis Ford? While Donovan is a younger coach, it took him some time to turn around the Florida program. I know he was an assistant at UK under Ricky P but Travis knows first hand what the sport of basketball means to us all as a player and that could translate over to some hi-speed coaching IMO. I know he isn't "proven" but I believe that every person wants to coach for their alma mater and I think that brings something else to the table that money can't buy. I don't want a Donovan or a coach Cal that I think are only in it because UK is willing to offer them more money than what they can get at their current schools. I know Donovan is an ego-case and would love to be the #1 coach at a univeristy and Florida can't offer him that as long as Urban Meyer is down there. I still think that Ford could bring some passion to this program that is MUCH needed at this time. That is just my opinion, probably doesn't mean much.

 

 

Why in the world would anyone want Ford? He hasn't done anything that warrants him even being considered. He would destroy the program beyond repair.

It just scrolled across ESPN that he has said no.

 

He hasn't said that.

Why in the world would anyone want Ford? He hasn't done anything that warrants him even being considered. He would destroy the program beyond repair.

 

I don't understand what your basis is for this gloom and doom scenario. Ford has done a pretty good job at some difficult spots to win, and has availed himself nicely coming into the OK St. situation.

I would say the new coach will need to be hired at least a week after the tournament is over.

 

Why?:confused:

I don't understand what your basis is for this gloom and doom scenario. Ford has done a pretty good job at some difficult spots to win, and has availed himself nicely coming into the OK St. situation.

 

True. :thumb:

IMO I also think we should have a coach soon after the tourny is over. Just for the reason that if we happened to lose some of our recriuts spring signing is coming up soon. That would give the new coach a chance to either try and lure some of his former recruits to follow him or go find some replacments.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.