Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dickie V Says...

Featured Replies

"If I'm Mitch Barnhart, I'm on the phone all night long with one Robert Montgomery Knight. Are you kidding me? Can you imagine Mr. Knight at Kentucky with all those resources? I would hire Knight to coach for 6 seasons and hire Ford to be his assistant. Then, I would turn the program over to Ford."

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dick Vitale uses every opportunity possible to suck up to Knight.

 

No way in hell that he would ever end up at Kentucky.

  • Author
Dick Vitale uses every opportunity possible to suck up to Knight.

 

No way in hell that he would ever end up at Kentucky.

 

This thought was also mentioned on 4 separate radio shows tonight. They said you would get 3 things guaranteed with Knight:

 

1) you would win

2) you would have a clean program

3) you would see your kids turned into men

 

They said Gillispie is a jerk and we now know that. We already know that Knight is a jerk, but he is also the greatest coach alive.

Exactly no way. Does no one care about our storied tradition, we don't need IU's tradition. Besides he would be a short term hire, very short term. Terribel idea for anyone to suggest. We would get laughed off of National TV.

  • Author
Exactly no way. Does no one care about our storied tradition, we don't need IU's tradition. Besides he would be a short term hire, very short term. Terribel idea for anyone to suggest. We would get laughed off of National TV.

 

I don't think he'd be a great fit, but he is a great coach. He's one of the best basketball minds in the country. I don't think we'd get laughed at at all. We would be the top program with the top coach (in many opinions).

This thought was also mentioned on 4 separate radio shows tonight. They said you would get 3 things guaranteed with Knight:

 

1) you would win

2) you would have a clean program

3) you would see your kids turned into men

 

They said Gillispie is a jerk and we now know that. We already know that Knight is a jerk, but he is also the greatest coach alive.

 

I'll add some more:

 

4) You'll have him for a few years.

5) He'll get National Recognition, not UK.

 

 

A comment on #3, didn't BCG already try to do that and people are crying now that he worked the players too hard, I mean their mommys and daddys had to call in and complain about the amount of work BCG made them do, real mean I guess. Knight cannot coach in the 21st century, too much has changed and his philosophies could not be carried out.

I don't think he'd be a great fit, but he is a great coach. He's one of the best basketball minds in the country. I don't think we'd get laughed at at all. We would be the top program with the top coach (in many opinions).

 

I'm not going to say he is past his prime, and I know it is tough to win at Texas Tech, but after his last title at Indiana, they never really contended too often.

I don't think he'd be a great fit, but he is a great coach. He's one of the best basketball minds in the country. I don't think we'd get laughed at at all. We would be the top program with the top coach (in many opinions).

 

For how long? 1 year? 2 years??? I mean really...

I'll add some more:

 

5) He'll get National Recognition, not UK.

 

.

 

How do you figure?

  • Author
I'll add some more:

 

4) You'll have him for a few years.

5) He'll get National Recognition, not UK.

 

 

A comment on #3, didn't BCG already try to do that and people are crying now that he worked the players too hard, I mean their mommys and daddys had to call in and complain about the amount of work BCG made them do, real mean I guess. Knight cannot coach in the 21st century, too much has changed and his philosophies could not be carried out.

 

No, BCG tried to be Sgt. Hartman off of Full Metal Jacket.

  • Author
For how long? 1 year? 2 years??? I mean really...

 

I'm just passing along what Dickie V. said.

I'm just passing along what Dickie V. said.

 

Dickie V didn't say what I quoted...You did. :thumb:

  • Author
Dickie V didn't say what I quoted...You did. :thumb:

 

How many wins does Knight have?

How many wins does Knight have?

 

How old is Knight???

1994-95 Indiana 19 12 .613
grey.gif
1995-96 Indiana 20 11 .645
grey.gif
1996-97 Indiana 22 11 .667
grey.gif
1997-98 Indiana 20 12 .625
grey.gif
1998-99 Indiana 23 11 .676
grey.gif
1999-00 Indiana 20 8 .714
grey.gif
grey.gif
2001-02 Texas Tech 23 9 .719
grey.gif
2002-03 Texas Tech 22 13 .629
grey.gif
2003-04 Texas Tech 23 11 .676
grey.gif
2004-05 Texas Tech 22 11 .667
grey.gif
2005-06 Texas Tech 15 17 .469
grey.gif
2006-07 Texas Tech 21 13 .618
grey.gif
2007-08 Texas Tech 12 8 .600

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.