Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cumberlands 60 Georgetown 57

Featured Replies

Is Georgetown going Division 3 next year? Have heard that for a couple of weeks now.

Is Georgetown going Division 3 next year? Have heard that for a couple of weeks now.
If I remember correctly Division III can't give athletic scholarships. Doesn't seem like it would make much sense.

There was no runner-up trophy. They just announce the runner-up and have a trophy for the champion. They all shook hands and offered congratulations then left the court.

Georgetown is exploring a change because of the financial situation of all small schools.

There may be no NAIA in a couple years. There will be different divisions within D1. The BCS schools may pull out if NCAA doesn't go to different divisions like in football.

There was no runner-up trophy. They just announce the runner-up and have a trophy for the champion. They all shook hands and offered congratulations then left the court.

Georgetown is exploring a change because of the financial situation of all small schools.

There may be no NAIA in a couple years. There will be different divisions within D1. The BCS schools may pull out if NCAA doesn't go to different divisions like in football.

 

That is correct.

Congrats to Cumberlands and Head Coach Don Butcher. I was disappointed in G-town and their reaction to the runner-up finish in the tourney. I was a bit shocked, I was their in the past when Cumberlands finished second and stayed out on the court for the trophy presentation, which showed a level of class that Happy and G-town failed to exhibit. When Cumberlands beat G-town in football Coach Cronin was gracious and congratulatory, Happy on the other hand left and did not show any class, which was unexpected but not too shocking.

 

Anyway, Good Luck to Both Teams in the National Tournament.

Go Cumberland. Still wish they were the Indians though...

 

Once an Indian, Patriots is tought to adjust to......:idunno:

Has anyone else heard that Happy Osborne is pursuing the SEMO job?

Congrats to Cumberlands and Head Coach Don Butcher. I was disappointed in G-town and their reaction to the runner-up finish in the tourney. I was a bit shocked, I was their in the past when Cumberlands finished second and stayed out on the court for the trophy presentation, which showed a level of class that Happy and G-town failed to exhibit. When Cumberlands beat G-town in football Coach Cronin was gracious and congratulatory, Happy on the other hand left and did not show any class, which was unexpected but not too shocking.

 

Anyway, Good Luck to Both Teams in the National Tournament.

 

If there wasn't any trophy for them, why the hell should they stick around? This isn't high school.

If there wasn't any trophy for them, why the hell should they stick around? This isn't high school.

 

 

Does being in college and a college coach preclude a team from showing class?

 

 

I expected that from Happy to be honest, if it isn't his way he will just take his ball and leave, like the little piggy who went Wah Wah Wah all the way home.

Does being in college and a college coach preclude a team from showing class?

 

 

I expected that from Happy to be honest, if it isn't his way he will just take his ball and leave, like the little piggy who went Wah Wah Wah all the way home.

 

"Class" has nothing to do with it. I don't see why any team should feel obligated to stick around and watch another team celebrate something they feel should have been theirs, unless they're awarding a r-up trophy. The "classless" label might fit if they just walked off the court and left the r-up trophy sitting there, with tournament organizers picking their noses trying to figure out what to do next.

 

The reason it looks out of sorts is simply because we're used to there always being a r-up trophy award; we've been conditioned to expect it. If I'm coaching, and there's no trophy, I'm getting my team out of there as quick as possible.

"Class" has nothing to do with it. I don't see why any team should feel obligated to stick around and watch another team celebrate something they feel should have been theirs, unless they're awarding a r-up trophy. The "classless" label might fit if they just walked off the court and left the r-up trophy sitting there, with tournament organizers picking their noses trying to figure out what to do next.

 

The reason it looks out of sorts is simply because we're used to there always being a r-up trophy award; we've been conditioned to expect it. If I'm coaching, and there's no trophy, I'm getting my team out of there as quick as possible.

 

You are right on one part for sure,we have become used to the losing team staying and showing respect to the team that just beat them and I don't understand how G-town thought it was rightfully theirs, they were just beaten by a great play put in by Coach Butcher. I guess they are setting a new standard, since every other team has stayed around for the trophy presentation.

 

To me you are trying to defend an indefesable postion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.