Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cumberlands 60 Georgetown 57

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Cumberlands wins the Mid-South tournament over favored Georgetown.

Big won for the Cumberlands. What was G'Town's record this year wireman? If you know that is.

  • Author
Big won for the Cumberlands. What was G'Town's record this year wireman? If you know that is.

 

They are now 27-4

They are now 27-4

 

Another huge season from Happy. I'm sure they will put together a big run in the tournament.

  • Author
Another huge season from Happy. I'm sure they will put together a big run in the tournament.

 

They are in the top 10 once again, if I'm not mistaking.

They are in the top 10 once again, if I'm not mistaking.

 

I doubt you are. They stay in the top 10 year in and year out.

Papa and family attended. Georgetown was up 32-26 at halftime. Cumberlands scored the first 12 points of the second half; I don't think G'town scored a field goal until 9 or 10 minutes in. Extremely close down the stretch; G'town's Demetrius Guions tied the score at 57 with 2 FTs. After a timeout, Cumberlands' Terrance Asmond drove and dished to Josh Phillips, who swished a 3 from the right corner with 1.4 seconds left. G'town actually got a good shot off at the buzzer that fell just short.

 

Difference in the game: Cumberlands 8-18 from 3-point land; Georgetown 2-11 (both by Vince Crutcher in the first couple of minutes of the game).

 

Cumberlands led by Luke Fitzgerald with 16 and Phillips with 13; Georgetown was paced by Vic Moses with 19, Crutcher and Guions with 10 each.

Go Cumberland. Still wish they were the Indians though...

Look for both teams to go deep into the national tournament in Kansas City.

Go Cumberland. Still wish they were the Indians though...

 

I agree...1st tournament championship since they have been the Patriots I believe. I think 11 years.

1998 - Cumberland beats G-town in a tough Mid-South Conference Tournament final.

 

Later that month - G-town cuts down the nets at the NAIA National Tournament.

 

Here's to a repeat.

What's up with Georgetown leaving the court and not accepting their runner up trophy?

  • Author
What's up with Georgetown leaving the court and not accepting a runner up trophy?

 

First I'd heard of it. What happened?

I don't know. It was mentioned on the radio and I just wondered if anyone that was at the game might have some insight.

  • Author

I would like to hear more about that, as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.