Anybody still excited about change?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On two seperate occasions this week on two seperate networks (CNBC, FoxBiz) the one thing that was discussed at length....was Wall Streets hatred of BHO. I guess I should clarify, their hatred of his so far proposed policies. I dont remember the exact numbers, but they showed some graphs of what the DJIA does everytime he speaks, and it was downright SCARY. :eek:

I am still really excited! If those guys on wall street hate BHO then he must be doing something right, they did more than thier fair share in creating this mess. Time table to get out of the war, no more torture, a plan albeit imperfect to try and turn the economy around other than less regulation and less taxes on the wealthy. Whats not to be excited about??

I am still really excited! If those guys on wall street hate BHO then he must be doing something right, they did more than thier fair share in creating this mess. Time table to get out of the war, no more torture, a plan albeit imperfect to try and turn the economy around other than less regulation and less taxes on the wealthy. Whats not to be excited about??

:idunno:

I'm going to try and discuss each one of your points...

This country doesnt go without a strong economy, and that starts on Wall Street. Our country goes with our stock market.

Time table to get out of Iraq? This is bogus! It'll be 18months before soldiers start to come home. This is the EXACT same plan as was layed out before BHO became President. BHO has also stated that 50K soldiers would stay indefinetly!!! Your right...they are going to close Guantanamo. But who said the prisoners were being released? Many will be moved to "undisclosed" locations. Probably have crumpets and tea there. Economy...BHO has ZERO clue!!!!

Are you suggesting that in 45 days President Obama has caused the decline of the American economy? Reality suggests otherwise.

No, I'm stating that IMVHO in 45 days the policies that Obama has instigated have caused a continued decline in the American economy. Everytime he opens his mouth the Dow drops 200 points.

What exactly has he done that has had a positive effect on the economy?

The economy is going to continue to decline until jobs stop being purged. The stimulus bill is designed to increase spending on projects and create jobs to stop this. Will it work, who knows, but I do think that further deregulation and additional tax cuts on the wealthy would only have made things worse.

The economy is going to continue to decline until jobs stop being purged. The stimulus bill is designed to increase spending on projects and create jobs to stop this. Will it work, who knows, but I do think that further deregulation and additional tax cuts on the wealthy would only have made things worse.

Whats your rational on that? I can tell you for a fact, that when I have extra money that I reinvest into my business' and/or look for other opportunities to grow new ones.

Whats your rational on that? I can tell you for a fact, that when I have extra money that I reinvest into my business' and/or look for other opportunities to grow new ones.

So you believe that the trickle down theory actually works. I thought that was proven ineffective 20 years ago.:deadhorse:

So you believe that the trickle down theory actually works. I thought that was proven ineffective 20 years ago.:deadhorse:

Can you please explain to me how it does not work? Proven ineffective? How was that?

Edited by GusMcRae