Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 83 Raceland 44

Featured Replies

Elliott enjoys playing at Raceland, it is the best facility in the region. Elliott and Raceland have a long tradition of playing each other, even when one team may down for a season. It shows great sportsmanship from both teams to keep a game on the schedule. IMO Ashland should take a lesson from their Raceland neighbors and reschedule with Elliott.

 

I agree! The Raceland/Elliott rival has been somewhat heated over the years with shoe throwing onto the floor and what not, but it has never turned violent. These rivalries add much to the game of basketball and I for one, love them.

 

Just to make it clear, Im not taking sides on the somewhat bitter rivalry, because IMO, both sides had a lot to do with it. But once again, if there isnt physical violence, this makes my teeth chomp to go watch it! High School basketball at its finest!

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott enjoys playing at Raceland, it is the best facility in the region. Elliott and Raceland have a long tradition of playing each other, even when one team may down for a season. It shows great sportsmanship from both teams to keep a game on the schedule. IMO Ashland should take a lesson from their Raceland neighbors and reschedule with Elliott.

 

I AGREE!!!! And I'll admit . . . I'm jealous of their facility . . . sure wish we had one as nice!!

Thanks for the compliments of our facility, we are very proud of it, and glad to see Elliott County and Raceland continue to play, there have been some good games between these two 1A schools over the years, and I expect many more in the future.

 

How did you all like the new addition of the "Ram" in front of the concession stand? Two of our faithful fans donated it and drove to Florida to get it. I think it adds a final touch to the facility.

I thought it was pretty cool, adds a nice touch. I figured there would be kids trying to ride him.

Thanks for the compliments of our facility, we are very proud of it, and glad to see Elliott County and Raceland continue to play, there have been some good games between these two 1A schools over the years, and I expect many more in the future.

 

How did you all like the new addition of the "Ram" in front of the concession stand? Two of our faithful fans donated it and drove to Florida to get it. I think it adds a final touch to the facility.

 

It's COOL!!

 

I'm glad that the high school kids of today haven't followed in their parents traditions and tried kidnapping it!! :clap:

I thought it was pretty cool, adds a nice touch. I figured there would be kids trying to ride him.

It's happened. It is discouraged, but it has happened. Actually, we have a few pictures floating around of a few adults riding it. Sad, sad behavior.:D

It's COOL!!

 

I'm glad that the high school kids of today haven't followed in their parents traditions and tried kidnapping it!! :clap:

It could happen, but it would take some effort, it is very heavy. All we would have to do to catch the culprits is, go to the local hospital and find the guys that checked in with hernias.

It's happened. It is discouraged, but it has happened. Actually, we have a few pictures floating around of a few adults riding it. Sad, sad behavior.:D

 

It could happen, but it would take some effort, it is very heavy. All we would have to do to catch the culprits is, go to the local hospital and find the guys that checked in with hernias.

 

 

:laugh::ylsuper::popcorn:

It's happened. It is discouraged, but it has happened. Actually, we have a few pictures floating around of a few adults riding it. Sad, sad behavior.:D

 

It could happen, but it would take some effort, it is very heavy. All we would have to do to catch the culprits is, go to the local hospital and find the guys that checked in with hernias.

 

So, are you walking all right these days?:D

braaaahahaha, it really wouldn't look all that good as a yard ornament anyway

So, are you walking all right these days?:D

No not so well, but we had some strong people volunteer, after proper encouragement, to carry the beast to it's new home.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.