February 5, 200917 yr Author Not playing out on the perimeter would be playing correctly. Minnesota lost to a better team on the road, God forbid. Its not like they lost to a team the calibur of Mississippi State at home... :banana:
February 5, 200917 yr Calipari has brought in darn good recruits. Derrick Rose, Darius Washington Jr., Willie Kemp, DaJuan Wagner. Calipari has established Memphis like Tarkanian established UNLV in the late 80's early 90's. And Capel has OU as the #2 team in the country, brought in Willie Warren this year and got this kid named Blake Griffin last year. Ever heard of him? Ever heard of Fed Ex? Both would have UK basketball getting the death penalty in about 4 years............and I am not convinced that either are real good X and O guys.........
February 5, 200917 yr Not playing out on the perimeter would be playing correctly. Minnesota lost to a better team on the road, God forbid. Its not like they lost to a team the calibur of Mississippi State at home... No comment on the lack of a good point guard at UK and what it would do to help this team? I guess you forgot about that.:idunno:
February 5, 200917 yr Ever heard of Fed Ex? Both would have UK basketball getting the death penalty in about 4 years............and I am not convinced that either are real good X and O guys......... Well I don't think I've ever heard of either coach being accused of any wrongdoing, so I'd like to hear what your basis for these statements are. And GT, what does World.......Wide mean?
February 5, 200917 yr Well I don't think I've ever heard of either coach being accused of any wrongdoing, so I'd like to hear what your basis for these statements are. And GT, what does World.......Wide mean? Google World Wide Wes....
February 6, 200917 yr No wonder the kids like Memphis... http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-216/William-Wesley--Tyreke-Evans--John-Calipari--and-Memphis.html
February 6, 200917 yr Google World Wide Wes....GQ ran an article on him a few issues back. Very interesting read.
February 6, 200917 yr I'm still waiting, I read the article, I read his Wiki page as well. What's that have to do with Calipari, who has been successful at both schools he's coached. Ok, he got DaJuan Wagner, but I'm assuming he had a hand in getting Rose, CDR, Willie Kemp and D-Wash going to Memphis too? If he is that dirty, why has the NCAA never sanctioned him?
February 6, 200917 yr I'm still waiting, I read the article, I read his Wiki page as well. What's that have to do with Calipari, who has been successful at both schools he's coached. Ok, he got DaJuan Wagner, but I'm assuming he had a hand in getting Rose, CDR, Willie Kemp and D-Wash going to Memphis too? If he is that dirty, why has the NCAA never sanctioned him? Go look up Cal's Final 4 in the record books. Don't look too hard...
February 6, 200917 yr Google World Wide Wes.... He is everything that is wrong with recruiting... has been for years.
February 6, 200917 yr Their defensive gameplan against MSU was awful. FIrst of all they switched (tried to) on every single pick leaving MSU shooters wide open due to big men being on open shooters. Secondly, for some unknown reason, Perry Stevenson was playing out on the perimeter all night, getting beat one on one or giving up open three's. People may argue that it was needed due to MSU playing 4 guards, so um, why wouldn't UK? IMO, the players don't like Billy G enough to be motivated by his harsh words, and Billy G's defensive strategy is bad. MSU was hitting 25 footers like they were layups. I'm guessing that doesn't happen every game. They didn't score a ton of points. UK couldn't score. Which 4 guards would you play at the same time to give UK a chance at winning games in a BCS conference? Billy G's defensive and overall coaching startegy in his career got him the head coaching job at UK. I can live w/ his decisions as a UK fan.
February 6, 200917 yr Because he turned trash in to treasure. That's why I don't value those saying he can't win because of what Tubby left behind... He did that last year. He got a team into the tourney that had their two best players out for significant time. You can say Bradley and Crawford were the two best, but I'd go w/ Meeks and Patterson. If Meeks was healthy all year last year they would have been a different team.
February 6, 200917 yr MSU was hitting 25 footers like they were layups. I'm guessing that doesn't happen every game. They didn't score a ton of points. UK couldn't score. Which 4 guards would you play at the same time to give UK a chance at winning games in a BCS conference? Billy G's defensive and overall coaching startegy in his career got him the head coaching job at UK. I can live w/ his decisions as a UK fan. I 100% agree with everything stated. You won't see too many teams make the shots MSU was making. If Billy Gillispie's style didn't work, he wouldn't be here. He had that style when TAMU was the first ever South Big XII team to win in Fog Allen. One thing that I would like to see is make a double screen for Meeks to work himself through to get open. They will occasionally use a screener at the top of the key, but it is basically pointless.
February 6, 200917 yr Go look up Cal's Final 4 in the record books. Don't look too hard... I know all about the rules violation in 1995-96. But this has happened to many coaches and nothing has come out of ithe seems to run a pretty clean program in Memphis. But I'm done arguing, I think he'd be a good fit at UK, with the style of up tempo play he brings and the recruits he gets year in and year out would breath some excitement into our Program. That's it.
February 6, 200917 yr No comment on the lack of a good point guard at UK and what it would do to help this team? I guess you forgot about that.:idunno: Just like a point guard, a powerful big man opens things up and can help other players score. UK has one of those. A&M didn't...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.