Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Kentucky can't..

Featured Replies

Have at least 22-24 wins and get past the first rounds of the SEC and NCAA tournament, what kind of fire will Billy G go under?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some, probably a lot, but he doesn't deserve it. BCG got left some garbage, pure garbage. Michael Porter? I am not trying to be one of those fans everyone has been complaining against, but the boy does not deserve to play at Kentucky, the best College Basketball program on the East Coast IMO.

 

When you pass up on game changers like Brandon Rush and Chris Lofton, and go after Michael Porter and Ramon Harris you aren't going to be a national chmapionship caliber school.

 

I love Tubby and enjoyed his time at UK, but for all the X's and O's prowess the man has, he's not exactly Roy Williams in the recruiting department. Give BCG Four years, four years to get his players established and if you don't see results then boot him.

 

UK fans expect exactly what we deserve: National Title contention and Final Four appearances, but you must give BCG time. He is a clean up guy, there is a lot of cleaning up to do at UK.

I know people like to say its too early to judge him or get up in arms, but I'm not even a hardcore UK fan, but I just don't think he's a very good coach. Watching his defensive scheme against MSU was brutal, and he made zero adjustments in the game. I understand that MSU didn't put up too many points, but some of the decisions he made just didn't make sense. I understand the offense struggles because of lack of shooters, but defense can be played with 5 guys off the street if taught correctly, and Billy G does not do that...

 

Add in the fact that he has several questionable recruits that he signed early on, and I just don't think he's an overall positive for the program.

Some, probably a lot, but he doesn't deserve it. BCG got left some garbage, pure garbage. Michael Porter? I am not trying to be one of those fans everyone has been complaining against, but the boy does not deserve to play at Kentucky, the best College Basketball program on the East Coast IMO.

 

When you pass up on game changers like Brandon Rush and Chris Lofton, and go after Michael Porter and Ramon Harris you aren't going to be a national chmapionship caliber school.

 

I love Tubby and enjoyed his time at UK, but for all the X's and O's prowess the man has, he's not exactly Roy Williams in the recruiting department. Give BCG Four years, four years to get his players established and if you don't see results then boot him.

 

UK fans expect exactly what we deserve: National Title contention and Final Four appearances, but you must give BCG time. He is a clean up guy, there is a lot of cleaning up to do at UK.

 

His game schemes hardly change from game to game, and they are never changed within the game... He deserves much more fire than Tubby got.

His game schemes hardly change from game to game, and they are never changed within the game... He deserves much more fire than Tubby got.

 

He is quite stubborn, maybe more so than Tubby, but the man has success at every single job he has had at the collegiate level. Like I said, give him time, it will pan out. If not, I say Jeff Capel should be #1 one on our list, if Calipari doesn't want to leave Memphis.

  • Author
He is quite stubborn, maybe more so than Tubby, but the man has success at every single job he has had at the collegiate level. Like I said, give him time, it will pan out. If not, I say Jeff Capel should be #1 one on our list, if Calipari doesn't want to leave Memphis.

 

Law was already at A&M when he got there. That was a big, I mean BIG, part of his success in his short run there.

Law was already at A&M when he got there. That was a big, I mean BIG, part of his success in his short run there.

 

Yes it was, but he was diamond in the Rough of sorts, he didn't become to be successful until BCG got there. There is a reason the man has won a conference coach of the year every year he has been a head coach.

  • Author
Yes it was, but he was diamond in the Rough of sorts, he didn't become to be successful until BCG got there. There is a reason the man has won a conference coach of the year every year he has been a head coach.

 

That is true, but without Law at A&M Billy G would probably still be there, or maybe out looking for a job.

Yes it was, but he was diamond in the Rough of sorts, he didn't become to be successful until BCG got there. There is a reason the man has won a conference coach of the year every year he has been a head coach.

Because he turned trash in to treasure. That's why I don't value those saying he can't win because of what Tubby left behind...

He is quite stubborn, maybe more so than Tubby, but the man has success at every single job he has had at the collegiate level. Like I said, give him time, it will pan out. If not, I say Jeff Capel should be #1 one on our list, if Calipari doesn't want to leave Memphis.

 

What would they bring different than BCG?

Some, probably a lot, but he doesn't deserve it. BCG got left some garbage, pure garbage. Michael Porter? I am not trying to be one of those fans everyone has been complaining against, but the boy does not deserve to play at Kentucky, the best College Basketball program on the East Coast IMO.

 

When you pass up on game changers like Brandon Rush and Chris Lofton, and go after Michael Porter and Ramon Harris you aren't going to be a national chmapionship caliber school.

 

I love Tubby and enjoyed his time at UK, but for all the X's and O's prowess the man has, he's not exactly Roy Williams in the recruiting department. Give BCG Four years, four years to get his players established and if you don't see results then boot him.

 

UK fans expect exactly what we deserve: National Title contention and Final Four appearances, but you must give BCG time. He is a clean up guy, there is a lot of cleaning up to do at UK.

 

If our fans can't get behind our coach and players, then why do we deserve anything? BG will be fine. Let's give him 5 or 6 years to get his players and system established. :ohbrother:

What would they bring different than BCG?

World Wide Wes??? :idunno:

Because he turned trash in to treasure. That's why I don't value those saying he can't win because of what Tubby left behind...

 

Agreed, same people who point out what he did at UTEP and A&M are the first to show that they have no talent here. Isn't that what he's supposed to be good at?

Its not like UK has no talent, and people who act like Tubby left behind scraps are mistaken...

Agreed, same people who point out what he did at UTEP and A&M are the first to show that they have no talent here. Isn't that what he's supposed to be good at?

Its not like UK has no talent, and people who act like Tubby left behind scraps are mistaken...

 

 

Name me a player other than Meeks and Paterson that could start on a top 25 team in the land...............

Name me a player other than Meeks and Paterson that could start on a top 25 team in the land...............

 

If I'm not mistaken, that is the point that GT is trying to make.

 

How many players could start on a top 25 team at UTEP or A&M?

 

He's supposed to be sucessful with these players.

 

Originally Posted by gametime

Because he turned trash in to treasure. That's why I don't value those saying he can't win because of what Tubby left behind...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.