If Kentucky can't..

buzzer beater

Name me a player other than Meeks and Paterson that could start on a top 25 team in the land...............

Name me a player other than Patterson or Meeks on this UK team who would start on a top 100 team. The answer is none. Perry Stevenson is a role player who would play 15 minutes a game on a good team. Michael Porter would not start for Northern Ky. Ramon Harris declines with every minute he is in and is a low mid major player. Josh Harrellson is a mid major player. AJ Stewart is a low mid major player. Darius Miller needs time and would only play 8-10 minutes on a good team. Liggins was way overrated coming out of high school and is a head case and cancer to the team. He would be lucky to see 5 mins. a game for a good team. Kevin Galloway is a mid major player at best. Donald Williams and Jared Carter should be playing NAIA ball. This team is not very talented period. They have maybe 5 talented players out of 13 possible schlorships. That should never,ever happen at UK. Therefore this season we should all just :isurrender:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name me a player other than Meeks and Paterson that could start on a top 25 team in the land...............

Name me two other players other than Acie Law on A&M's team that made a run.

And Perry Stevenson, if used correctly, is a solid player.

Its not like Minnesota has a bunch of world beaters, and Tubby's doing fine there...

Name me two other players other than Acie Law on A&M's team that made a run.

And Perry Stevenson, if used correctly, is a solid player.

Its not like Minnesota has a bunch of world beaters, and Tubby's doing fine there...

Law was a point guard and they run the show. If you have a good one they can make a lot of average players better. Stevenson is up and down. He acts like he is a fighter one night and lost the next. What would be used correctly that you are referring to? Also after a beat down last night at MS I guess Tubby is doing fine.:rolleyes:

Law was a point guard and they run the show. If you have a good one they can make a lot of average players better. Stevenson is up and down. He acts like he is a fighter one night and lost the next. What would be used correctly that you are referring to? Also after a beat down last night at MS I guess Tubby is doing fine.:rolleyes:

Why not put Meeks at point? People can hate on Porter, I do all the time, but he has improved, you can't deny that. Liggins pays up and down, one night he is solid, the next he isn't. Stevenson has improved a lot as well, he does what he can with his slim build. Stevenson is a better player than you make him out to be.

And about Tubby, he is 18-4 at a school whichwon half as many games in a single season 2 years ago. Also he beat Louisville earlier this season, something UK didn't do :thumb:

Why not put Meeks at point? People can hate on Porter, I do all the time, but he has improved, you can't deny that. Liggins pays up and down, one night he is solid, the next he isn't. Stevenson has improved a lot as well, he does what he can with his slim build. Stevenson is a better player than you make him out to be.

And about Tubby, he is 18-4 at a school whichwon half as many games in a single season 2 years ago. Also he beat Louisville earlier this season, something UK didn't do :thumb:

I really like Perry and have never made him out to be anything as you said. But he does play on fire a game or two and acts like he is not all there some games. He needs to be consistent as do a lot of others. Porter has improved but when you are the point guard and don't want the ball in you're hands that is not good. How many lay ups has he missed in the last three games? He is going back to the way he played early in the year IMO. As far as Tubby goes I liked him as a coach but he is gone and I am sick of the comparisons every game of what he would do or not do with this team. He is not here so why can't we either bash on Billy or praise him and forget about Tubby because he is gone and will not be back.:rolleyes:

What would they bring different than BCG?

Calipari has brought in darn good recruits. Derrick Rose, Darius Washington Jr., Willie Kemp, DaJuan Wagner. Calipari has established Memphis like Tarkanian established UNLV in the late 80's early 90's.

And Capel has OU as the #2 team in the country, brought in Willie Warren this year and got this kid named Blake Griffin last year. Ever heard of him?

Lack of effort and execution on the defensive end...

Their defensive gameplan against MSU was awful. FIrst of all they switched (tried to) on every single pick leaving MSU shooters wide open due to big men being on open shooters. Secondly, for some unknown reason, Perry Stevenson was playing out on the perimeter all night, getting beat one on one or giving up open three's. People may argue that it was needed due to MSU playing 4 guards, so um, why wouldn't UK? IMO, the players don't like Billy G enough to be motivated by his harsh words, and Billy G's defensive strategy is bad.

Not playing out on the perimeter would be playing correctly. Minnesota lost to a better team on the road, God forbid. Its not like they lost to a team the calibur of Mississippi State at home...