2009 Highlands (Frosh)

jbwill2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Brady Gosney that is currently in 4th grade and his uncle is Chris Gosney. I think HHS will need to wait a few more years to get there hands on him. He is a great little athlete.

:laugh:

I thought this was the same Brady that goes to school with my son. He's going to be very good athlete. Pretty good baseball player too.

I'm going to throw out another name, Adam Hicks. He's a great kid, very athletic, did a great job on 7/8 Red last season, but is home-schooled. I'd love to see him play for Highlands, but I don't know what his parents have decided for him. I've joked about it with his parents a bit, but if others out there know the Hicks family, start lobbying for Highlands. He was very good at QB last year - throwing & running, and extremely quick on the D line - very rangy (is that even a word?).

I'm going to throw out another name, Adam Hicks. He's a great kid, very athletic, did a great job on 7/8 Red last season, but is home-schooled. I'd love to see him play for Highlands, but I don't know what his parents have decided for him. I've joked about it with his parents a bit, but if others out there know the Hicks family, start lobbying for Highlands. He was very good at QB last year - throwing & running, and extremely quick on the D line - very rangy (is that even a word?).

Be careful, parents and supporters cannot recruit!

I thought Nick True was a 7th grader? Is he going to play freshman football in 09? He is big enough thats for sure!

Yup he is playing and will be a huge addition at 6'4 200lbs. Im hoping another young man plays that hasnt been mentioned but only time will tell. :sssh:

The line should be good. A few names that come to mind are True, Schultz, Schroeder, Dee,Thome, Whitford,Zimmerman,Grimm,Shively. Most of these guys are big and can move pretty quick. Perfect for Dales system.

Nice and there is also some rumor that Robinson from the black team is coming to Ft. Thomas. He seems like a strong aggressive kid who has nice size. I believe both he and Mason Meyers are currently at St. Marys.

Yup he is playing and will be a huge addition at 6'4 200lbs. Im hoping another young man plays that hasnt been mentioned but only time will tell. :sssh:

Does that effect how many years he can play FB? Don't you only get 4? I'm fuzzy on this rule but if you start frosh in the 8th grade doesn't that negate your SR season? :confused:

Does that effect how many years he can play FB? Don't you only get 4? I'm fuzzy on this rule but if you start frosh in the 8th grade doesn't that negate your SR season? :confused:

You are allowed one year of eligibility for year of school, in high school. Jr High years do not count toward that. In other words, you are allowed one year for your freshman year, one year for your sophomore year, one year for your junior year, and one year for your senior year. But, the clock does not start until you are a freshmen. Theoreticly, you could play varsity basketball from 4th grade until your 8th grade year, then still have four years of eligibility starting your freshman year.

The line should be good. A few names that come to mind are True, Schultz, Schroeder, Dee,Thome, Whitford,Zimmerman,Grimm,Shively. Most of these guys are big and can move pretty quick. Perfect for Dales system.

Hey DMZ and Malichi, 4 of the above mentioned kids are blue teamers! Looks like the blue team tradition of linemen will continue. :thumb:

On a serious note, having done a little (in Peterson's eyes, very little) coaching of the blue team this past year, I know that there are some very talented linemen that will be frosh this season. As others have pointed out, these kids aren't of the "big, heavy and slow" mold. No doubt each of them has work to do this off season, but if they take it very seriously, I expect to see a very quick and talented O and D line this year. Add that to the "skilled" players mentioned and we should have a very good frosh team this year. No more runner up stuff; I expect a frosh championship. :madman: