Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 85 Whitefield Academy 24

Featured Replies

Your constant analysis of the time the Elliott County players are in the game, is perplexing. If they played 20 min. in a 32 minute game, why is this an issue.

 

A coach develops talent in practice and he plays who he wants. I'm not certain but maybe these young men, who like all the other All A teams are excited about playing in the State. Perhaps the most important aspect of the game is not the minutes played.

 

I agree. Why is Elliott under such a fine tuned microscope where every single player's exact playing time to the minute is counted by people who root for other teams?? Simply amazing to me. As far as some of the questions why Rick Mays would do this or do that I can only say give him a call and ask him. Sounds like a lot of pole vaulting over mouse droppings from where I sit.:deadhorse::idunno:

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Why is Elliott under such a fine tuned microscope where every single player's exact playing time to the minute is counted by people who root for other teams?? Simply amazing to me. As far as some of the questions why Rick Mays would do this or do that I can only say give him a call and ask him. Sounds like a lot of pole vaulting over mouse droppings from where I sit.:deadhorse::idunno:

 

You never cease to amaze me!!! Rick played every one! My kid only played 20 min! Can I whine about that!!!!!!!!! J/K:ohbrother:

Someone mentioned that the starters played the WHOLE third quarter. EC was up 44-7 at the half...why would Coach Mays play his starters that long with a 37 point lead? State tournament or not, there's no need to try and humiliate the opposing team. The game was well in hand at halftime. No reason for them to even play more than say 2 minutes of the third.

 

Everyone knows EC isn't very deep. Shouldn't coach Mays be trying to develop some depth rather than worrying about letting his players get their numbers? :rolleyes:

 

It's games like this that you try to get ALL of your players better. Were the starters really progressing by being out there against a team that they had blown out by 37 in one half?

:thumb: Amen!

I've always been told, taught and believe the time I spent worrying about others, is time lost in correcting my own faults.

 

Elliott County won this game and Coach Mays played 14 players. To make the All A is testament of endless hours of practice and hard work. Congratulations to both Elliott County and Whitefield Academy. Best of luck the remainder of the season.

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.