Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Gottfried Out At Alabama

Featured Replies

I know Mark was a Bama guy but I didn't think he was as good of a coach as he was a shooter. I am hoping that R. Steele will have a change of heart and comes back because he has been the heart of Bama basketball for a while now. I am excited about the new era in Crimson Tide Bball. I wouldnt' mind Mark Few, Calipari, VCU Coach...and I would love Coach Knight. Now its time to just wait and see.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it really matters but you sure he was fired? I thought ESPN reported that he resigned?

Why would a coach come to Bama if they already have a strong position?

Why would a coach come to Bama if they already have a strong position?

Why not? If they have strong recruiting ties to a LOADED Georgia talent pool, they don't seem to have to worry about a quick hook. Gottfried got 11 years...

Why not? If they have strong recruiting ties to a LOADED Georgia talent pool, they don't seem to have to worry about a quick hook. Gottfried got 11 years...

 

Why would Tubby/Pitino/Few/Calipari take it?

Why would Tubby/Pitino/Few/Calipari take it?

That's just Bama fans being Bama fans. I agree in principal on what you're saying, which is why I think it will be Grant, but there could be a few big names out there with what I mentioned in mind that would take it. I'd have to research a little before I'd give examples, but you get my point...

That's just Bama fans being Bama fans. I agree in principal on what you're saying, which is why I think it will be Grant, but there could be a few big names out there with what I mentioned in mind that would take it. I'd have to research a little before I'd give examples, but you get my point...

 

Grant is the level of coach I see interested.

 

If you're in a strong position why go there and be second banana forever?

Grant is the level of coach I see interested.

 

If you're in a strong position why go there and be second banana forever?

Grant would be the next Billy D there. Every contact one could want, great young coach and gets a few years to get it going without a ton of heat. I was just pointing out if it was a coach at a solid program a little too far north of that recruiting boom, it would be attractive. Like I said, I'd have to do some digging to see who would fir that mold, if any...

I told you all in the UK/Bama thread that Gottfried may not last the rest of the season...

Things really heated up after Steele said he didn't quit because of injuries.

Then there is the 19 issue that Gottfried has.

Losing in state players, losing games, having side issues...finally came to brew.

Anthony Grant may be the guy, but I think he looks long and hard at Georgia instead.

This hire will have CM Newton's handprints all over it.

CM has kind of become distanced from UK over the last few years. He did a great job of hiring Pitino and so forth, but the good ole boy network got too big and powerful....now the present administration has pretty much ostracized him.

Now he is back in Bama laying roots again so to speak.

This hire will have CM Newton's handprints all over it.

CM has kind of become distanced from UK over the last few years. He did a great job of hiring Pitino and so forth, but the good ole boy network got too big and powerful....now the present administration has pretty much ostracized him.

Now he is back in Bama laying roots again so to speak.

Wouldn't that lead back to Pitino/BillyD/Grant???

This is going to be quite devilishly and deliciously entertaining. I wished you guys could hear that in a Vincent Price type voice.

  • Author
Not that it really matters but you sure he was fired? I thought ESPN reported that he resigned?

 

Yes, he resigned because if not he would have been fired. In most cases when a coach resigns, it's just telling the public that he was forced out. So I guess fired was the wrong term to use in this situation.

They will look at TUbby, but I think he may be looking at Maryland. Very close to his hometown.

I told you all in the UK/Bama thread that Gottfried may not last the rest of the season...

Things really heated up after Steele said he didn't quit because of injuries.

Then there is the 19 issue that Gottfried has.

 

What is the so-called "19" issue?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.