January 25, 200917 yr Right now I'd say the only way 4 teams get into the NCAA is if a dark horse wins the SEC tourney. UF. UK and LSU look to be the best but can you honestly say that any of them is a lock? What would be their seeds.......7th to 9th? UK will be higher than a 7 seed.
January 25, 200917 yr People constantly bring up the fact that UK wouldn't be as good if it wasn't for Meeks, I've heard this over and over this year, well that is obvious. However, every good team has that profound player who their IT player, just like NC wouldn't be as good without Hansborough and Ut wouldn't have been that good last year without Lofton. Why do these other teams get passes for having a really good player that emerges more than others but UK is just thought to be lucky to have Meeks, because without him they would stink?
January 25, 200917 yr I think UNC could make do without Hansborough, but that is an exception, and I agree with what you are saying.
January 25, 200917 yr People constantly bring up the fact that UK wouldn't be as good if it wasn't for Meeks, I've heard this over and over this year, well that is obvious. However, every good team has that profound player who their IT player, just like NC wouldn't be as good without Hansborough and Ut wouldn't have been that good last year without Lofton. Why do these other teams get passes for having a really good player that emerges more than others but UK is just thought to be lucky to have Meeks, because without him they would stink? I agree with what you are saying about other teams loosing players. But KY has grown to relay on Meeks more than other teams depend on their stars. The only team that would be hurt as much as KY loosing Meeks would be Davidson and Curry. I guess what I am saying is that KY is not that deep yet to withstand a blow like that.
January 25, 200917 yr I agree the SEC is down, but UK has already beaten WVU who thrased G'town, ... lost to UL (undefeated in the Big East) on a last second 27 foot 3 pointer, ... so maybe it isn't the worse conference in the history of college basketball they way some are potraying it. Is it down this year? Absolutely. Probably only about 4-5 will get into the dance. :thumb:
January 26, 200917 yr What percentage of UK's points has Meeks been scoring? 33% of the points UK has scored have come from Meeks. Uk is currently ranked #13 in the nation in points scored per game.
January 26, 200917 yr 33% of the points UK has scored have come from Meeks. Uk is currently ranked #13 in the nation in points scored per game. Thank you. I wonder if any team has a player scoring at a higher percentage.
January 26, 200917 yr Curry is scoring 36% of his teams points. Hudson from UT-Martin is scoring 37% of his teams points. I doubt there are anymore than that.
January 26, 200917 yr I feel the SEC is way down this season. A few very young teams that will be good (Vanderbilt) and one of the very worst basketball team I have seen in the conference in quite a while (Georgia). I am raising my Kentucky conference record prediction based on what I have seen on this conference so far. I say Kentucky might win 12 or 13 in the SEC not just because they are coming together and playing well, but as by default. I feel similar. I thought from Day 1 that Kentucky had a legitimate shot to run the table in the SEC. I said I'd be disappointed with 4 losses. Now, I'd be disappointed with 3. We don't have any great out of conference wins, but West Virginia is a solid squad. The win @ Tenn. was a signature win in a lot of ways. Georgia is absolutely horrible. Vandy is not great either. They miss Shan Foster, who I always thought was a great college player. LSU has been looking strong & Florida had a blowout win on the road. Arkansas had some early impressive wins (#4 Oklahoma & #7 Texas), then they get to SEC play and can't win.
January 26, 200917 yr With that said, I think that the SEC will have some quality teams in the NCAA tournament, although it may be fewer than in year's past. There's nothing wrong with having 4 teams advance to the Sweet 16. Not saying it's going to happen, just making the point. It is easy to get enamored with getting 9 teams in, like the Big East may.
January 26, 200917 yr I would move UK ahead of Georgetown and Notre Dame at this point. Georgetown has particularly been disappointing while Notre Dame is losing a lot of tough games. But just watching those teams I believe UK would beat them as well as Syracuse. I would actually put UK behind Pitt, UL, and UConn and would be neck and neck with Marquette. Just my opinion.
January 26, 200917 yr Author John Clay's perspective... http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/671542.html
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.