Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donald Russell picks Kentucky

Featured Replies

How big is Russell, Wireman? 40 time etc..?

He is listed at 5'11"/205.

 

There seems to be some inconsistancies with this kid. Rivals.com has NOT listed him as committed to Kentucky yet. He is still talking about taking another visit, so UK fans can trust only his signature on the LOI on signing day.

 

He is not a burner. Hits the hole well, has good vision and good feet. I would doubt he is quite the size he is listed because he was not measured and weighed at a registered camp.

 

From seeing him on tape, he makes more cuts as a runner than say, Deuce Finch.

Russel has a little bit of Raf Little in him. Really catches the ball well out of the backfield which is something we were lacking a little bit this season.

Neither of the major rankings have this guy rated very highly, that said I know they get things wrong but I just can't see him being an immediate impact.

Neither of the major rankings have this guy rated very highly, that said I know they get things wrong but I just can't see him being an immediate impact.

Derrick Locke anyone??

  • Author
Derrick Locke anyone??

 

:thumb:

I'll take a good RB out of Florida any day of the week. Hopefully we see his signature on signing day.

Martaveius Neloms is the newest commitment to Kentucky football from Memphis, Tennessee .

 

He's a cornerback that is not very well known. I'm assuming he's a track athlete, and I'm hoping he's similar to Derrick Locke. :D

Derrick Locke anyone??

Do not confuse Donald Russell's speed with Derrick Locke's speed.

 

It is not close.

 

Donald Russell is a completely different style of runner. His style reminds me very much ironically, of Deuce Finch.

Do not confuse Donald Russell's speed with Derrick Locke's speed.

 

It is not close.

 

Donald Russell is a completely different style of runner. His style reminds me very much ironically, of Deuce Finch.

 

I have to agree. Derrick Locke has world class speed that is a whole different level.

Do not confuse Donald Russell's speed with Derrick Locke's speed.

 

It is not close.

 

Donald Russell is a completely different style of runner. His style reminds me very much ironically, of Deuce Finch.

 

I was not referring to him as the same type pf player. If anyone thought he had Derrick Locke speed they are way off base...As you can see above I think he has a little bit of Rafael Little in him. My post was showing that if you are not rated very highly, that doesnt mean you can't come in and play football as a freshman.

I'll take a good RB out of Florida any day of the week. Hopefully we see his signature on signing day.

 

You not kidding...I watched his highlight tape and what a stud this kid is. He has that natural instinct that cannot be teached. This is going to be fun....

  • Author
Martaveius Neloms is the newest commitment to Kentucky football from Memphis, Tennessee .

 

He's a cornerback that is not very well known. I'm assuming he's a track athlete, and I'm hoping he's similar to Derrick Locke. :D

 

He's 6'2 with speed... I wonder why he didn't get any other offers?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.