Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Poll Released

Featured Replies

Either way Louisville was ranked and UK is a not that good to average team.

 

So if they're not that good or average, why are we arguing about them being in the Top 25? :lol:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if they're not that good or average, why are we arguing about them being in the Top 25? :lol:

 

 

I never had an arguement to put them in the top 25! Heck, I said they're a second round and done team!

Just looking at the top 25 I believe UK is as deserving of being ranked as Purdue, Baylor, Illinois, and Memphis. Texas and UCLA are top 25 teams, but still overrated at their current spots (like I have been saying since the preseason).

 

Cats will get there soon enough. However, of the teams you mentioned. Not that the RPI is the end all be all, especially this early in the season:

 

RPI

 

Memphis - 13

Illinois - 22

Texas - 24

Baylor - 33

UCLA - 44

Purdue - 51

UK - 59

What everyone is forgetting is the "unranked, disrespected" angle. Now I hate people talking about respect more than anyone, but you can guarantee Gillispie at least brings it up occassionally during practice.

I know Notre Dame plays a tough schedule, but they have 5 losses with 1 to St Johns and the only 2 close losses they have are to St Johns and a sub par Ohio State (I know you might say the UL loss was close, but they were beaten by 14, so its still a blowout to me. Top teams don't go to overtime and choke like that IMO). I think UK should be in but its hard to argue it because of the VMI loss. I think Notre Dame should def. be on the outside looking in.

I think UK should be in but its hard to argue it because of the VMI loss.

 

I think that loss has been thrown out the books because Kentucky is playing better then they did at the beginning of the season.

 

I think the reason for UK not being in the top 25 is an average conference. How Florida is in there I'm not quite sure... Like I said earlier... If an SEC team is going to crack the top 25 it should be UK.

Cats will get there soon enough. However, of the teams you mentioned. Not that the RPI is the end all be all, especially this early in the season:

 

RPI

 

Memphis - 13

Illinois - 22

Texas - 24

Baylor - 33

UCLA - 44

Purdue - 51

UK - 59

 

What is Memphis' RPI based on? They have defeated 2 BCS schools - Cincy and Seton Hall. They have played 2 ranked teams and lost. I guess that miracle win at Tulsa really was the best thing ever :clap:

I think that loss has been thrown out the books because Kentucky is playing better then they did at the beginning of the season.

 

I think the reason for UK not being in the top 25 is an average conference. How Florida is in there I'm not quite sure... Like I said earlier... If an SEC team is going to crack the top 25 it should be UK.

 

I think it should be thrown out, but I don't know if it in some of the voters minds. I think that there strength of schedule is the biggest reason but if UK doesnt lose to VMI I guarantee they would be ranked right now.

What is Memphis' RPI based on? They have defeated 2 BCS schools - Cincy and Seton Hall. They have played 2 ranked teams and lost. I guess that miracle win at Tulsa really was the best thing ever :clap:

 

Thats what I am wondering. There best wins are over Cincy and UAB. I will take wins over UT and WVU over that any day.

I felt like UK would and should be ranked. Hopefully two more wins this week will get them over the humpl...

What is Memphis' RPI based on? They have defeated 2 BCS schools - Cincy and Seton Hall. They have played 2 ranked teams and lost. I guess that miracle win at Tulsa really was the best thing ever :clap:

 

I was surprised myself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.