16th Region Greatest Athlete/Basketball Players

If you are asking for the greatest athletes playing girls basketball in 16th region history I would say either Amber Riddle or Kasi Mullins.

As for the best basketball players in 16th region history, the two best I saw were Megan Gearheart and Kandi Brown from West Carter.

Since the title of the this thread is greatest athlete/basketball, I will suggest some of the past first.

1975-1980 Boyd County's Vanessa Terry and Russell's Regina Carrol

1980-1985 Rowan's Julie Magrane and Fairview's Toni Wright

1985-1990 Ashland's Angie Johnson (I think she played during this time)

1990-2000 Boyd's Laura Luken comes to mind, excelled in both Softball and Basketball

2000-Present No one comes close to Russell's Chinwe Okoro and Rose Hill's Emily Queen

Emily Queen is the all time leading scorer and rebounder in both girls and boys in 16th regional history...

Both Okoro and Queen are both 6'1 very athletic and especially Queen did things at that size that only guards are supposed to do. No offense to any other girl in the region but to think that anyone else is a better athlete/basketball player than Chinwe is sadly mistaken, maybe the best physical specimen of any girl player to come through this area, all others fade in comparison to her and Queen.

Leslie Eagle...

She has not played softball in two years, but as a youngster was regarded as one of the best around and is a pure athlete. The ability to run, jump, and put body in athletic positions and make plays defines an athlete to me. Reminds me a lot of Andy Lewis on the boy's side who could do anything athletically on the football field and basketball court. Her instincts, strength, and athleticism is big time.

Hard to judge if she is a better athlete than those mentioned, but she is at least to that level and just as good in terms of athleticsim. The rest is purely argumentative and all have valid points.

Since the title of the this thread is greatest athlete/basketball, I will suggest some of the past first.

1975-1980 Boyd County's Vanessa Terry and Russell's Regina Carrol

1980-1985 Rowan's Julie Magrane and Fairview's Toni Wright

1985-1990 Ashland's Angie Johnson (I think she played during this time)

1990-2000 Boyd's Laura Luken comes to mind, excelled in both Softball and Basketball

2000-Present No one comes close to Russell's Chinwe Okoro and Rose Hill's Emily Queen

Emily Queen is the all time leading scorer and rebounder in both girls and boys in 16th regional history...

Both Okoro and Queen are both 6'1 very athletic and especially Queen did things at that size that only guards are supposed to do. No offense to any other girl in the region but to think that anyone else is a better athlete/basketball player than Chinwe is sadly mistaken, maybe the best physical specimen of any girl player to come through this area, all others fade in comparison to her and Queen.

Emily does not lead the boys all time scorer in 16th region. She has 2907 and Burt Greene of Olive Hill Has 3172. Not trying to take away from her accomplishment because it is great but just stating the facts per KHSAA record's!!!!!!!!!!

Emily does not lead the boys all time scorer in 16th region. She has 2907 and Burt Greene of Olive Hill Has 3172. Not trying to take away from her accomplishment because it is great but just stating the facts per KHSAA record's!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct, I meant the Ashland Area.

Leslie Eagle...

She has not played softball in two years, but as a youngster was regarded as one of the best around and is a pure athlete. The ability to run, jump, and put body in athletic positions and make plays defines an athlete to me. Reminds me a lot of Andy Lewis on the boy's side who could do anything athletically on the football field and basketball court. Her instincts, strength, and athleticism is big time.

Hard to judge if she is a better athlete than those mentioned, but she is at least to that level and just as good in terms of athleticsim. The rest is purely argumentative and all have valid points.

Good points.