Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's Your Starting Five

Featured Replies

 

2) Where would Meeks be drafted if the draft were tomorrow and he opted to go early?

 

Answer to number two 2nd round. Two small to be a big time scorer, not a great ball handler, and he is streaky. I think he could work up to late 1st round by the end of the season but not much higher.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with CatsCatsCats, Meeks is having a nice year this year, and who knows? Had he been healthy the past two years, he may be the best player in the country. I just think being a successful two is hard to do in the NBA: look at how big the best two's in the NBA are (with the exception of A.I.). Kobe: 6'6, Brandon Roy: 6'6, Tracy McGrady: 6'8, Joe Johnson: 6'7. And if he were a two, those would be the players he would have to guard. He's 6'3 and can't handle the ball consistently at the NBA level, so he will be playing the toughest position in the NBA for a little guy to play: Shooting Guard.

I agree with CatsCatsCats, Meeks is having a nice year this year, and who knows? Had he been healthy the past two years, he may be the best player in the country. I just think being a successful two is hard to do in the NBA: look at how big the best two's in the NBA are (with the exception of A.I.). Kobe: 6'6, Brandon Roy: 6'6, Tracy McGrady: 6'8, Joe Johnson: 6'7. And if he were a two, those would be the players he would have to guard. He's 6'3 and can't handle the ball consistently at the NBA level, so he will be playing the toughest position in the NBA for a little guy to play: Shooting Guard.

 

Meeks is 6'5".

I would go with something like this

 

PG-Nolan Smith

SG-Jon Scheyer

SF-Gerald Henderson

PF-Kyle Singler

C-DeJuan Blair

 

:dancingpa

I would go with something like this

 

PG-Nolan Smith

SG-Jon Scheyer

SF-Gerald Henderson

PF-Kyle Singler

C-DeJuan Blair

 

:dancingpa

 

Compared to most of the teams others have built your team would get manhandled.

I would go with something like this

 

PG-Nolan Smith

SG-Jon Scheyer

SF-Gerald Henderson

PF-Kyle Singler

C-DeJuan Blair

 

:dancingpa

 

No Zoubek? :lol:

Meeks is 6'5".

 

ESPN has him listed as 6'4, my mistake. But still, he is not sound defensively enough to have to guard the longer two guards that constantly put up big #'s as I stated above, and being 6'4 as opposed to 6'3 as I mistook him for being; will still be difficult for Meeks to guard the 6'6/6'7/6'8 2 Guards of the NBA.

No Zoubek? :lol:

 

No, I had to make it to where the others teams would have a tiny shot at winning :lol:

SG's

1) James Harden / Arizona St

2) Stephen Curry

3) Jodie Meeks

 

SF's

1) Tyler Hansbrough / UNC

2) Luke Harangody / ND

 

 

PG's

1) Jeff Teague / Wake Forest

2) Ty Lawson / UNC

3) Johnny Flynn / Syracuse

 

PF's

1) Blake Griffin / Oklahoma

2) Patrick Patterson / UK

 

C's

1) DeJuan Blair / Pitt

2) Hasheem Thabeet / UCONN

Ty Lawson

Steph Curry

Derrick Brown

Blake Griffin

Tyler Hansborough

 

Like Lawson's ability to drive and open up teammates for shots. Curry's shot is unbelievable, and would be so much better with a good point guard on his team to open him up just the little bit that he needs. Great athletic player from Xavier, can get to the rim whenever he wants and can hit from deep as well. Griffin is just a man, and no argument can be made for him not to be in top 5. Hansborough, as said before, is just a player that gives everything, but i don't think will be good in NBA

 

Derrick Brown but no Jodie Meeks, hmm;).

Derrick Brown but no Jodie Meeks, hmm;).

 

Well I won't put Jodie Meeks as SF, and I won't put him ahead of Curry, hmm.:sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.