Mitch Shover

Lots of speculation about CCH SR guard Mitch Shover and his health.

Its certainly not as serious as some of the people/posters think it is.

Someone asked me if it was true about it being life-threatening. No. Not close. Rumors.

Despite what you read, its not for certain that he is out for the season. It could be something simple enough to only require outpatient surgery. We'll see.

So, instead of speculation and rumors, lets just see what happens and wish ol' Mitch the best. Heck, he may be lighting it up on the court in the near future.

That would be the highlight of the year for the Colonels.

I posted this yesterday in the CovCath vs Holmes prediction thread

"Mitch has not been diagnosed with anything life threatening. It's a digestive issue that they are still trying to get a handle on, but they are very close. Nothing at all about him not playing this year. He still could."

So from the horses mouth so to speak....

The good news is that if Mitch does make a full recovery, he will most likely have an opportunity to play on the next level, if he so chooses.

Best of luck to Mitch in his recovery. There are far more important things in life than high school basketball and it's stories like this that help keep things in perspective.

Guest Birdflu

I know it terrible to lose some if not all of your senior season. But if he comes out of this completely healthy, it is a minor price to pay.

Sorry to hear this especially during his SR year. Our hopes and prayers are with him for a full recovery. I have only seen him play once & that was against Elliiot Co last year in the 5/3rd & was very impressed. I thoght he was the difference in that game. Best of luck to him.