Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37

I'd have to argue you on that one. Maschinot may be more of a scorer right now, but Riedinger has the better shot from the outside without a doubt.

lol to be honest, I've never watched Reidingers shot like I've watched Maschinot's. I've seen his jump and it looked solid, but didn't look at form or anything. So I wouldn't be surprised if his is better, which is even more puzzling as to why he isn't getting a try. I mean Maschinot didn't really even come out tonight, and he had 5 points, but honestly he hurts alot with the passing.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think so. VERY SMALL KID. He went in at the very end. Listerman brought him up for the varsity game.

He drove the lane very well and made a nice shot over 6'5 Arnold and 6'3 Slusher at the end. I'd say he is probably quicker than Maschinot but Maschinot handles the ball better and probably has a better shot, but then again I've only see Reidinger one other time in a JV game. I'd say his size is the only thing keeping him from seeing the floor right now.

He drove the lane very well and made a nice shot over 6'5 Arnold and 6'3 Slusher at the end. I'd say he is probably quicker than Maschinot but Maschinot handles the ball better and probably has a better shot, but then again I've only see Reidinger one other time in a JV game. I'd say his size is the only thing keeping him from seeing the floor right now.

lol pick your poison. 5'7 Maschinot or 5'5ish Reidinger. [i don't know how tall he is to be honest]. I mean when youre that small, I just don't see the inch or so mattering ya know?

I haven't seen either of them much, but just from the Jv game what's it going to hurt throwing Reidinger in there and seeing if he does produce. It's not like he has to many people to where he can't experiment. The only reason I would have him out there is because he is more of a true point guard like mentioned earlier and that's what they need right now.

lol pick your poison. 5'7 Maschinot or 5'5ish Reidinger. [i don't know how tall he is to be honest]. I mean when youre that small, I just don't see the inch or so mattering ya know?

True. But against a team like Holmes, those 2 inches make more of a difference than you think. Could you imagine Reidinger trying to drive the lane with the Johnson Brothers and Pittman just waiting for him?

True. But against a team like Holmes, those 2 inches make more of a difference than you think. Could you imagine Reidinger trying to drive the lane with the Johnson Brothers and Pittman just waiting for him?

True, but it's not like Maschinot did that during the game either.

lol can't imagine it's much worse than a 5'7 kid doing it to be honest.

No Maschinot is definitely the quicker one and better leaper. Brett is much more sound fundamentally and a better shooter.

No Maschinot is definitely the quicker one and better leaper. Brett is much more sound fundamentally and a better shooter.

Just my opinion. From what I saw tonight Reidinger looked much quicker at getting in the lane in the limited time he saw. Maschinot was no where near the rim all night so I can't really comment on his leaping ability.

True.

BTW, why did Covcath have Wellbrock at the top as a chaser when they were running that Box and One Zone? That made no sense.

lol, nooo idea. But they need to work on that. I would have had Maile up there personally and Wellbrock and Isler on the blocks. I trust Maile to drop down when the ball gets down low more, I think Wellbrock forgot a couple times..

Just my opinion. From what I saw tonight Reidinger looked much quicker at getting in the lane in the limited time he saw. Maschinot was no where near the rim all night so I can't really comment on his leaping ability.

Alright well just as fact Maschinot is quicker, faster, jumps better, he is the better athlete there isn't any question about it. Brett may be there when he matures more physically, but the difference is in their mindsets right now. Riedinger knows the game so well, and already has a feel for playing the point position. Maschinot is still learning a lot but getting by on a lot of athleticism despite his lack of height. His shot has definitely improved, but Riedinger still has the better outside shot. I would also say to watch out for Maschinot's defense to improve dramatically in the near future. As Clyd mentions he needs to be playing with more confidence. Once the game slows down for him mentally he will be a good defender.

lol, nooo idea. But they need to work on that. I would have had Maile up there personally and Wellbrock and Isler on the blocks. I trust Maile to drop down when the ball gets down low more, I think Wellbrock forgot a couple times..

Yea he did. JJ got I think 8 points off of little jumpers in the lane off passes from the perimeter when CCH ran that defense. Maile would have been a much better choice up there. Wellbrock also couldn't guard Riley which hurt them as CCH had to try and double a few times to keep him from penetrating which left Holmes open for a few wide open 3's.