Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Poll: Week 6

Featured Replies

lol, I am just going to throw this out, but is it possible he is getting defensive over one person having them #9 for the same reason you get in a tizzy if anyone says anything negative about Holmes or anyone has Holmes ranked less than 1.;) He supports his team, and he believes they should be ranked higher than you have them...:idunno:

 

The same way you support CovCath. LOL

 

I hate rankings to be honest. Nothing matters until District/Regional tourney time so then lets re-visit all of this ranking talk. Some nights Ryle is going to look great and others look bad. Same goes for every team in the Region but Holmes probably does have more athletic talent but no team is invincible and they can be beat.

 

These threads just keep the Guru in business. LOL Which is a good thing, right?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that at all. When you support a team you're naturally going to get defensive when someone says something negative about them...including yourself, Ms. Ohyea. ;) I was just trying to point out to him that I'm not bashing Ryle and actually think they're a really good team, which can be seen from my posts over the summer, but right now they aren't playing well.

 

 

Understandable, I admittedly get defensive. But I just thought it was funny that you told him to relax and asked him why he is so defensive when youre the same way, and so am I and so is just about every other fan of their team.

The same way you support CovCath. LOL

 

I hate rankings to be honest. Nothing matters until District/Regional tourney time so then lets re-visit all of this ranking talk. Some nights Ryle is going to look great and others look bad. Same goes for every team in the Region but Holmes probably does have more athletic talent but no team is invincible and they can be beat.

 

These threads just keep the Guru in business. LOL Which is a good thing, right?

 

And the same way you support Highlands LOL.

 

Thats why I thought it was funny ETA asked since he knows he is that way, as am I and just about everyone else.

When's the last time CovCath was out of the top 13 in NKY in basketball?

  • Author
When's the last time CovCath was out of the top 13 in NKY in basketball?

 

Not in the past ten years that I can think of...

  • Author
Understandable, I admittedly get defensive. But I just thought it was funny that you told him to relax and asked him why he is so defensive when youre the same way, and so am I and so is just about every other fan of their team.

 

I've actually gotten better though since the beginning of the season. You have to admit that. Still a BIG homer, but not as bad. ;)

I've actually gotten better though since the beginning of the season. You have to admit that. Still a BIG homer, but not as bad. ;)

 

LOL, noooo. You're still just as much a homer as you were, except you don't fight with Elliot fans as much now ;).

As big as Ryle is though, they shouldn't lose to a team like Holy Cross. That's no disrespect toward them, since as you said they have surprised a lot of people this year with their tough defense, but Ryle came in as the preseason #3 in the 9th and honestly haven't lived up to the billing.

 

I hope you don't think I'm bashing them, cause I really am not, and if you look at some of my posts from over the summer, you'll see that I gave A LOT of respect to Ryle and said they were my preseason dark horse to make a lot of noise in the 9th.

 

My point is though, AT THIS POINT (which I can't stress enough), the way they're playing doesn't make anyone wrong for having Ryle at #9. If you look at the original poll, the COACHES actually have Ryle ranked #6, so I don't understand why you're getting so defensive over ONE person having Ryle #9 and a few people agreeing with it. Relax bro. Still a lot of basketball to be played. :thumb:

 

Well, I must admit that during the course of this thread I did lose track of the fact that it was someone's personal poll, and not the coaches poll, that had them 9th. ;) :creepy:

 

Agree the HC loss was disappointing, but of course one could also make the point that Holmes - the #1 team in the state and also much larger than HC - should have beaten them far worse than they did. Not that I would make that point. ;)

  • Author
LOL, noooo. You're still just as much a homer as you were, except you don't fight with Elliot fans as much now ;).

 

I GUESS you have a point there..lol

And the same way you support Highlands LOL.

Thats why I thought it was funny ETA asked since he knows he is that way, as am I and just about everyone else.

 

Exactly :thumb:

  • Author
Well, I must admit that during the course of this thread I did lose track of the fact that it was someone's personal poll, and not the coaches poll, that had them 9th. ;) :creepy:

 

Agree the HC loss was disappointing, but of course one could also make the point that Holmes - the #1 team in the state and also much larger than HC - should have beaten them far worse than they did. Not that I would make that point. ;)

 

Holmes was up 19 when the starters came out of the game though. ;)

Holmes was up 19 when the starters came out of the game though. ;)

 

17.

Since when does school size matter?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.