Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Poll: Week 6

Featured Replies

1. Holmes 70 (7)

2. Boone Co 60

3. Highlands 46

4. Scott 42

5. Campbell Co. 37

6. Ryle 23

6. Beechwood 23

8. Holy Cross 20

8. Conner 20

10. Brossart 19

11. Newcath 12

12. Newport 7

13. St. Henry 6

 

http://preps.cincinnati.com/polls.aspx

 

Thoughts? I think this might actually be the most correct NKY poll I've seen this year.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Holmes 70 (7)

2. Boone Co 60

3. Highlands 46

4. Scott 42

5. Campbell Co. 37

6. Ryle 23

6. Beechwood 23

8. Holy Cross 20

8. Conner 20

10. Brossart 19

11. Newcath 12

12. Newport 7

13. St. Henry 6

 

http://preps.cincinnati.com/polls.aspx

 

Thoughts? I think this might actually be the most correct NKY poll I've seen this year.

 

Here is my shot at a top 10:

 

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

 

The only school that I haven't seen this year is NewCath so I might have them too low but it's tough for me to have an opinion on them.

  • Author
Here is my shot at a top 10:

 

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

 

The only school that I haven't seen this year is NewCath so I might have them too low but it's tough for me to have an opinion on them.

 

I'd say that looks pretty good considering Holy Cross beat Ryle but lost to Brossart.

I'd say that looks pretty good considering Holy Cross beat Ryle but lost to Brossart.

 

Have to agree with this, but at the end of the day I still think Ryle is a better team than both of them. (Of course, I just happen to be a Ryle fan). ;)

Have to agree with this, but at the end of the day I still think Ryle is a better team than both of them. (Of course, I just happen to be a Ryle fan). ;)

 

At the beginning of the season I was thinking of Ryle as the 3rd or 4th best team in N Ky. They just haven't played like that the past couple of weeks.

At the beginning of the season I was thinking of Ryle as the 3rd or 4th best team in N Ky. They just haven't played like that the past couple of weeks.

 

Fully agree. But I also don't think they're the 9th best team in the region.

  • Author
At the beginning of the season I was thinking of Ryle as the 3rd or 4th best team in N Ky. They just haven't played like that the past couple of weeks.

 

Which goes back to Ryle receiving a TON of hype every year in pre season but never playing to their potential....

Which goes back to Ryle receiving a TON of hype every year in pre season but never playing to their potential....

 

Other than the brutal loss to Scott, what about their season has been so horrific? Based on what Holy Cross has done to date, I would hardly consider the 2-point loss to them as a bad loss.

Which goes back to Ryle receiving a TON of hype every year in pre season but never playing to their potential....

 

And a ton of people preseason would have told you that Holmes would have beaten HC by 25 points. A season goes in spurts for every team. Sometimes you're a little up, sometimes you're a little down. The key is to be peaking at the end of the year. Ryle clearly isn't cranking on all cylinders right now, but this is indeed the time of year to be struggling (a little), not the end. And even for a "struggling" team, they're pretty solid.

Here is my shot at a top 10:

 

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

 

The only school that I haven't seen this year is NewCath so I might have them too low but it's tough for me to have an opinion on them.

 

I'd have NCC a little higher, but I'm seldom a believer in the Boone County schools? I'm itching to see Beechwood, as its hard to see them above teams like HC, Brossart and NCC; but the upcoming "A" may sort out some of that? 4 & 5 tangle tomorrow--Should be a good one!!

I'd have NCC a little higher, but I'm seldom a believer in the Boone County schools? I'm itching to see Beechwood, as its hard to see them above teams like HC, Brossart and NCC; but the upcoming "A" may sort out some of that? 4 & 5 tangle tomorrow--Should be a good one!!

 

Could be wrong, but I think they play against Highlands on Friday. I'm sure Eta can verify that, but I agree they aren't above those teams. I don't think out of region teams should get ranked in our region though.

  • Author
Could be wrong, but I think they play against Highlands on Friday. I'm sure Eta can verify that, but I agree they aren't above those teams. I don't think out of region teams should get ranked in our region though.

 

Correct. Beechwood plays Highlands Friday night.

  • Author
Other than the brutal loss to Scott, what about their season has been so horrific? Based on what Holy Cross has done to date, I would hardly consider the 2-point loss to them as a bad loss.

 

And a ton of people preseason would have told you that Holmes would have beaten HC by 25 points. A season goes in spurts for every team. Sometimes you're a little up, sometimes you're a little down. The key is to be peaking at the end of the year. Ryle clearly isn't cranking on all cylinders right now, but this is indeed the time of year to be struggling (a little), not the end. And even for a "struggling" team, they're pretty solid.

 

Where would you have them ranked? They've already lost to #2 Boone, #4 Scott, #8 Holy Cross, and needed overtime to defeat a BAD Covcath team. Tough to have them ranked ahead of HC or anyone else in front of HC.

 

Ryle came in to the season as being overrated (just like years past) is the point I was trying to make. They are solid for a struggling team but with the losses they have, #9 sounds about right.

Eta, did you wear cowboy boots to the HC/Holmes game?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
Eta, did you wear cowboy boots to the hc/holmes game?

 

I don't think I've ever even wore cowboy boots to be honest.

 

Where did that question come from? :confused::lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.