6. Beechwood 23

8. Holy Cross 20

8. Conner 20

10. Brossart 19

11. Newcath 12

12. Newport 7

13. St. Henry 6

http://preps.cincinnati.com/polls.aspx

Thoughts? I think this might actually be the most correct NKY poll I've seen this year.

Here is my shot at a top 10:

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

The only school that I haven't seen this year is NewCath so I might have them too low but it's tough for me to have an opinion on them.

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

The only school that I haven't seen this year is NewCath so I might have them too low but it's tough for me to have an opinion on them.

I'd say that looks pretty good considering Holy Cross beat Ryle but lost to Brossart.

Have to agree with this, but at the end of the day I still think Ryle is a better team than both of them. (Of course, I just happen to be a Ryle fan). ;)

At the beginning of the season I was thinking of Ryle as the 3rd or 4th best team in N Ky. They just haven't played like that the past couple of weeks.

At the beginning of the season I was thinking of Ryle as the 3rd or 4th best team in N Ky. They just haven't played like that the past couple of weeks.

Which goes back to Ryle receiving a TON of hype every year in pre season but never playing to their potential....

Which goes back to Ryle receiving a TON of hype every year in pre season but never playing to their potential....

Other than the brutal loss to Scott, what about their season has been so horrific? Based on what Holy Cross has done to date, I would hardly consider the 2-point loss to them as a bad loss.

And a ton of people preseason would have told you that Holmes would have beaten HC by 25 points. A season goes in spurts for every team. Sometimes you're a little up, sometimes you're a little down. The key is to be peaking at the end of the year. Ryle clearly isn't cranking on all cylinders right now, but this is indeed the time of year to be struggling (a little), not the end. And even for a "struggling" team, they're pretty solid.

1. Holmes

2. Boone County

3. Highlands

4. Scott

5. Campbell County

6. Beechwood

7. Brossart

8. Holy Cross

9. Ryle

10. Conner

11. NewCath

I'd have NCC a little higher, but I'm seldom a believer in the Boone County schools? I'm itching to see Beechwood, as its hard to see them above teams like HC, Brossart and NCC; but the upcoming "A" may sort out some of that? 4 & 5 tangle tomorrow--Should be a good one!!

I'd have NCC a little higher, but I'm seldom a believer in the Boone County schools? I'm itching to see Beechwood, as its hard to see them above teams like HC, Brossart and NCC; but the upcoming "A" may sort out some of that? 4 & 5 tangle tomorrow--Should be a good one!!

Could be wrong, but I think they play against Highlands on Friday. I'm sure Eta can verify that, but I agree they aren't above those teams. I don't think out of region teams should get ranked in our region though.

Could be wrong, but I think they play against Highlands on Friday. I'm sure Eta can verify that, but I agree they aren't above those teams. I don't think out of region teams should get ranked in our region though.

Correct. Beechwood plays Highlands Friday night.

Other than the brutal loss to Scott, what about their season has been so horrific? Based on what Holy Cross has done to date, I would hardly consider the 2-point loss to them as a bad loss.

And a ton of people preseason would have told you that Holmes would have beaten HC by 25 points. A season goes in spurts for every team. Sometimes you're a little up, sometimes you're a little down. The key is to be peaking at the end of the year. Ryle clearly isn't cranking on all cylinders right now, but this is indeed the time of year to be struggling (a little), not the end. And even for a "struggling" team, they're pretty solid.

Where would you have them ranked? They've already lost to #2 Boone, #4 Scott, #8 Holy Cross, and needed overtime to defeat a BAD Covcath team. Tough to have them ranked ahead of HC or anyone else in front of HC.

Ryle came in to the season as being overrated (just like years past) is the point I was trying to make. They are solid for a struggling team but with the losses they have, #9 sounds about right.