NKY Poll: Week 6

lol wow. ETA come on now? Beechwood staying within 20 points of Holmes at the beginning of the season and it seems like you crowned them from that point on. They beat CovCath by a whopping 5, and the BAD CovCath team was having a BAD night lol. They lost to Campbell Co who CovCath beat. I mean really? The game against Highlands will DEF. show them where they stand. I mean everything after Holmes is wide open. Ryle could beat any of those teams, and any of those teams could beat Ryle on any night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol wow. ETA come on now? Beechwood staying within 20 points of Holmes at the beginning of the season and it seems like you crowned them from that point on. They beat CovCath by a whopping 5, and the BAD CovCath team was having a BAD night lol. They lost to Campbell Co who CovCath beat. I mean really? The game against Highlands will DEF. show them where they stand. I mean everything after Holmes is wide open. Ryle could beat any of those teams, and any of those teams could beat Ryle on any night.

Which is why there is no clear cut 2 seed.:thumb:

How does Holy Cross garner all this love? Have seen everybody but Campbell Co and Beechwood and believe #6 thru 13 could shake out differently any night.

I wouldn't call being ranked 8th a ton of love. Better then projected in pre-season but that's it. Why don't you think they should be in the conversation? They've beaten New Cath and Ryle and lost to Scott in overtime, Holmes, and Brossart just in NKY. Who have other teams ranked ahead of them beaten to prove themselves more. For example Beechwood?

I just don't think some of you are giving Beechwood enough credit. They've been pretty solid early on regardless of competition. As far as them beating a BAD Covcath team and Covcath have a "bad night," seems like that has been a recurring theme after every CCH game and loss.......

I agree with you that everything after Holmes is pretty wide open but when a team is winning games they're supposed to, it's tough to continually criticize them..I don't think anyone has ever said that Beechwood was a top 5 team, but they are definetly one of the better and more consistent teams in NKY. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how the next few weeks play out..

Eta's "facts" are the only facts that matter.

Glad some of you have finally realized this. ;)

In all seriousness, I've been pretty dead on with a lot of the things I've said throughout the season. I state things how I see them from seeing teams first hand. It's just my OPINION, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

But the "facts" are that Ryle lost to Scott, Holy Cross, and Boone, so being ranked #9 sounds about right, AT THIS POINT. Do I think they'll be there at the end of the year? Probably, but they've failed to live up to the hype surrounding them every year since Doellman left, so why should I think this year is going to be any different?

That was a sloppy ball game for them. They really didn't play that well. Maile played fine, but overall it just wasn't a good game.

They didn't have a large number of turnovers. They didn't quit or stop playing when they got down, I think that was one of their better games.

FWIW, From Ryan Ernst blog today:

Speaking of Holmes, if there's a Northern Kentucky loss on its schedule -- and I don't think there is -- it could be Feb. 6 against Highlands.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3ad4f76302-7159-4593-94a1-5af777b8b448&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

Not saying that matters, but just throwing it out there.

Glad some of you have finally realized this. ;)

In all seriousness, I've been pretty dead on with a lot of the things I've said throughout the season. I state things how I see them from seeing teams first hand. It's just my OPINION, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

But the "facts" are that Ryle lost to Scott, Holy Cross, and Boone, so being ranked #9 sounds about right, AT THIS POINT. Do I think they'll be there at the end of the year? Probably, but they've failed to live up to the hype surrounding them every year since Doellman left, so why should I think this year is going to be any different?

Guess that is what happens when you play meaningful competition. None of Ryle's losses are "bad" losses - i.e., losing to a bad team (though they certainly lost badly to Scott). And that includes HC, who is surprising a few people this year. Should Ryle have won the HC game? Yes. But other than than they've probably won every game they should have. If they're the 9th best team in NKY, then basketball in NKY is way up this year.

Guess that is what happens when you play meaningful competition. None of Ryle's losses are "bad" losses - i.e., losing to a bad team (though they certainly lost badly to Scott). And that includes HC, who is surprising a few people this year. Should Ryle have won the HC game? Yes. But other than than they've probably won every game they should have. If they're the 9th best team in NKY, then basketball in NKY is way up this year.

As big as Ryle is though, they shouldn't lose to a team like Holy Cross. That's no disrespect toward them, since as you said they have surprised a lot of people this year with their tough defense, but Ryle came in as the preseason #3 in the 9th and honestly haven't lived up to the billing.

I hope you don't think I'm bashing them, cause I really am not, and if you look at some of my posts from over the summer, you'll see that I gave A LOT of respect to Ryle and said they were my preseason dark horse to make a lot of noise in the 9th.

My point is though, AT THIS POINT (which I can't stress enough), the way they're playing doesn't make anyone wrong for having Ryle at #9. If you look at the original poll, the COACHES actually have Ryle ranked #6, so I don't understand why you're getting so defensive over ONE person having Ryle #9 and a few people agreeing with it. Relax bro. Still a lot of basketball to be played. :thumb:

As big as Ryle is though, they shouldn't lose to a team like Holy Cross. That's no disrespect toward them, since as you said they have surprised a lot of people this year with their tough defense, but Ryle came in as the preseason #3 in the 9th and honestly haven't lived up to the billing.

I hope you don't think I'm bashing them, cause I really am not, and if you look at some of my posts from over the summer, you'll see that I gave A LOT of respect to Ryle and said they were my preseason dark horse to make a lot of noise in the 9th.

My point is though, AT THIS POINT (which I can't stress enough), the way they're playing doesn't make anyone wrong for having Ryle at #9. If you look at the original poll, the COACHES actually have Ryle ranked #6, so I don't understand why you're getting so defensive over ONE person having Ryle #9 and a few people agreeing with it. Relax bro. Still a lot of basketball to be played. :thumb:

lol, I am just going to throw this out, but is it possible he is getting defensive over one person having them #9 for the same reason you get in a tizzy if anyone says anything negative about Holmes or anyone has Holmes ranked less than 1.;) He supports his team, and he believes they should be ranked higher than you have them...:idunno:

lol, I am just going to throw this out, but is it possible he is getting defensive over one person having them #9 for the same reason you get in a tizzy if anyone says anything negative about Holmes or anyone has Holmes ranked less than 1.;) He supports his team, and he believes they should be ranked higher than you have them...:idunno:

Nothing wrong with that at all. When you support a team you're naturally going to get defensive when someone says something negative about them...including yourself, Ms. Ohyea. ;) I was just trying to point out to him that I'm not bashing Ryle and actually think they're a really good team, which can be seen from my posts over the summer, but right now they aren't playing well.