Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maxpreps Rankings (1/12)

Featured Replies

I guess I could have said it better but I meant ranking Boone County in the top 5 is a reach, and Scott County ahead of Holmes is not right.
I agree ... I don't think Boone County is a top-five team, either.

 

My bad on the misread ...

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Maxpreps has officially lost all its credibility for high school rankings...

 

1/12:

 

1. Scott Co (11-3) - continually ranked high because of the perception that they should be the best team in the state

2. Holmes (13-1) - should be the #1 team because they actually are the best team in the state

3. Bryan Station (12-2) - must've been some impressive wins against Lafayette and Christian Co.? how about the debacle against Holmes?

4. Eastern (14-1) - they don't even have their record correct on the Maxpreps website AND they just lost by a landslide to J'Town

5. Boone Co (10-2) - :lol::lol::lol:

 

6. Elliott co. (15-1) - I guess that win over a top 20 team actually hurt the Lions

 

Your team is getting shafted in the rankings, as well :thumb:

 

Winning against good Kentucky schools doesn't seem to help. Oh well.Just another opinion. Holmes ranked behind Scott County and Boone County in the top 5 tells me all I need to know about this poll's credibility.

 

I guess I could have said it better but I meant ranking Boone County in the top 5 is a reach, and Scott County ahead of Holmes is not right.

 

I think I'd have to agree with pretty much everything being said.

 

Scott Co should in no way be ahead of Holmes considering Holmes won the head to head match up and has beaten 3 of the top 7. (2 of the top 3)

 

Eastern should in no way be ranked ahead of J'town considering J'town just hammered them.

 

Boone Co is a good team but NO WAY are they a top 5 team. I'd be hard pressed to have them in my top 10.

 

Elliott Co not being ATLEAST #5 is a joke as well.

 

These are the reasons I said this poll was pretty interesting, to say the least.

I think I'd have to agree with pretty much everything being said.

 

Scott Co should in no way be ahead of Holmes considering Holmes won the head to head match up and has beaten 3 of the top 7. (2 of the top 3)

 

Eastern should in no way be ranked ahead of J'town considering J'town just hammered them.

 

Boone Co is a good team but NO WAY are they a top 5 team. I'd be hard pressed to have them in my top 10.

 

Elliott Co not being ATLEAST #5 is a joke as well.

 

These are the reasons I said this poll was pretty interesting, to say the least.

 

I'm with you on this one. Elliott is ranked #5, they go 3-0 in the week including a win over Anderson County and they drop a spot in the rankings?

 

Maxpreps has Eastern with a loss that they don't even have?

 

Boone county?

 

I think I'll wait on the new BGP poll :lol:

I guess I could have said it better but I meant ranking Boone County in the top 5 is a reach, and Scott County ahead of Holmes is not right.

 

I agree, Boone Co. in the top five and ranked in front of EC befuddles me:confused::idunno:. At this point any poll that does not have Holmes number #1 is laughable. To rank SC above Holmes is just flat out wrong. EC is a proven top 5 team. [iMO] #1 Holmes, #2 SC, #3 BS, #4 EC, #5 J-Town.

  • Author
I'm with you on this one. Elliott is ranked #5, they go 3-0 in the week including a win over Anderson County and they drop a spot in the rankings?

 

Maxpreps has Eastern with a loss that they don't even have?

 

Boone county?

 

I think I'll wait on the new BGP poll :lol:

 

Same here.

 

As far as Boone goes, we'll know a lot more about them over the next couple weeks.

 

They play Highlands tonight, Ballard the 23rd, and Holmes Feb. 10th.

  • Author
I agree, Boone Co. in the top five and ranked in front of EC befuddles me:confused::idunno:. At this point any poll that does not have Holmes number #1 is laughable. To rank SC above Holmes is just flat out wrong. EC is a proven top 5 team. [iMO] #1 Holmes, #2 SC, #3 BS, #4 EC, #5 J-Town.

 

I'd agree with that.

Franklin County is charged with a loss to Clarkrange, TN in a game that did not occur. Also the game vs Jamesville Dewitt, NY shows as a home game...and New York was certainly a lot closer to their home than ours!

Highlands is about to bump up after their win tonight Against #4 Boone County.

  • Author
Highlands is about to bump up after their win tonight Against #4 Boone County.

 

Hopefully you're right. :thumb:

Franklin County is charged with a loss to Clarkrange, TN in a game that did not occur. Also the game vs Jamesville Dewitt, NY shows as a home game...and New York was certainly a lot closer to their home than ours!
Maxpreps sometimes has trouble distingushing between schools from different states with the same name. For example, Scott County's record last season was assigned a couple of losses for Scott County in Tennessee.

 

And, just like any other computer-numbers ranking, it's only as good as the input it receives.

 

MaxPreps has a procedure for fixing inaccurate scores ... go to their website and try to address the problem.

I agree, Boone Co. in the top five and ranked in front of EC befuddles me:confused::idunno:. At this point any poll that does not have Holmes number #1 is laughable. To rank SC above Holmes is just flat out wrong. EC is a proven top 5 team. [iMO] #1 Holmes, #2 SC, #3 BS, #4 EC, #5 J-Town.

 

I can live with that top five.

Maxpreps has officially lost all its credibility for high school rankings...

 

MaxPreps never had any credibility. Not worth discussing. Have they opened up an office in KY yet? What does MaxPreps know of KY basketball?

Maxpreps sometimes has trouble distingushing between schools from different states with the same name. For example, Scott County's record last season was assigned a couple of losses for Scott County in Tennessee.

 

And, just like any other computer-numbers ranking, it's only as good as the input it receives.

 

MaxPreps has a procedure for fixing inaccurate scores ... go to their website and try to address the problem.

 

 

Thanks. Did that....we'll see how it works. Of course we didn't mind when we (instead of Franklin County, GA) got credit for beating Scott County.:laugh:

Part of MaxPrep's problem - unlike other computer generated rankings - is that their data is INCOMPLETE and rife with errors (see above). You don't find this so much with the Litkenhous or Cantrell ratings, because they have greater access to KY information.

 

That said, I really don't put much stock in computer basketball ratings until the end of the season...

Part of MaxPrep's problem - unlike other computer generated rankings - is that their data is INCOMPLETE and rife with errors (see above). You don't find this so much with the Litkenhous or Cantrell ratings, because they have greater access to KY information.

 

That said, I really don't put much stock in computer basketball ratings until the end of the season...

Could not have said it better.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.