Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maxpreps Rankings (1/12)

Featured Replies

These rankings come out every Monday and Thursday. Here's the rankings from 1/8 compared to today:

 

1/8:

 

1. Scott Co (11-3)

2. Holmes (13-1)

3. Eastern (14-1)

4. Boone Co (9-2)

5. Elliott Co (12-1)

 

1/12:

 

1. Scott Co (11-3)

2. Holmes (13-1)

3. Bryan Station (12-2)

4. Eastern (14-1)

5. Boone Co (10-2)

 

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basketball/rankings.aspx?gendersport=boys,basketball&urpath=,list&state=ky&myranktype=state&mystate=ky

 

Pretty interesting. Thoughts??

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting or stupid? fine line.

  • Author

NKY with 4 teams in this poll as well:

 

2. Holmes

5. Boone Co

21. Scott

24. Highlands

  • Author
Interesting or stupid? fine line.

 

I guess it depends on what team you support....:sssh:;)

Maxpreps has officially lost all its credibility for high school rankings...

 

1/12:

 

1. Scott Co (11-3) - continually ranked high because of the perception that they should be the best team in the state

2. Holmes (13-1) - should be the #1 team because they actually are the best team in the state

3. Bryan Station (12-2) - must've been some impressive wins against Lafayette and Christian Co.? how about the debacle against Holmes?

4. Eastern (14-1) - they don't even have their record correct on the Maxpreps website AND they just lost by a landslide to J'Town

5. Boone Co (10-2) - :lol::lol::lol:

 

6. Elliott co. (15-1) - I guess that win over a top 20 team actually hurt the Lions

I guess it depends on what team you support....:sssh:;)

 

Your team is getting shafted in the rankings, as well :thumb:

3. Bryan Station (12-2) - must've been some impressive wins against Lafayette and Christian Co.? how about the debacle against Holmes?
If you don't think the win over Christian County is impressive, you don't know anything about Christian County's team. And the rout of Lafayette is at least as impressive as Elliott County's pounding of Lewis County.

 

Not to mention that the Holmes "debacle" was nearly a month ago ... that game had no bearing on the change from last week to this week. And the Defenders did beat Holmes in their first meeting.

6. Elliott co. (15-1) - I guess that win over a top 20 team actually hurt the Lions
An overtime win on a neutral court against a team that was ranked well below them ... yeah, I can see why Elliott would drop a little because of that.

Winning against good Kentucky schools doesn't seem to help. Oh well.Just another opinion. Holmes ranked behind Scott County and Boone County in the top 5 tells me all I need to know about this poll's credibility.

Winning against good Kentucky schools doesn't seem to help. Oh well.Just another opinion. Holmes ranked behind Scott County and Boone County in the top 5 tells me all I need to know about this poll's credibility.
Holmes isn't ranked behind Boone County ...
If you don't think the win over Christian County is impressive, you don't know anything about Christian County's team. And the rout of Lafayette is at least as impressive as Elliott County's pounding of Lewis County.

 

Not to mention that the Holmes "debacle" was nearly a month ago ... that game had no bearing on the change from last week to this week. And the Defenders did beat Holmes in their first meeting.

An overtime win on a neutral court against a team that was ranked well below them ... yeah, I can see why Elliott would drop a little because of that.

 

They didn't do anything that deserved to be shot 3 spots up the rankings. I don't doubt that Christian County is a good team at 8-4.

Winning against good Kentucky schools doesn't seem to help. Oh well.Just another opinion. Holmes ranked behind Scott County and Boone County in the top 5 tells me all I need to know about this poll's credibility.

 

That's kind of my feelings on it. :thumb:

I guess I could have said it better but I meant ranking Boone County in the top 5 is a reach, and Scott County ahead of Holmes is not right.

Holmes isn't ranked behind Boone County ...

 

I think he meant Holmes ranked behind Scott Co.

 

AND

 

Boone Co. in the top 5 tell hims all he needs to know

They didn't do anything that deserved to be shot 3 spots up the rankings. I don't doubt that Christian County is a good team at 8-4.
Christian County, now that they have everyone healthy after football season, is a legitimate top-10 team. Bryan Station beating them on the road is more impressive than Elliott County beating Anderson County in overtime on a neutral court.

You can't count on rankings that give teams mysterious losses against teams they haven't played.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.