South Laurel 77 Madisonville North-Hopkins 59

I watched the first 6 minutes of the game and decided that Madisonville wouldn't be able to handle South, so I made the long drive home early.

Hope you watched another game 6 minutes is a short time to drive a long way then turnaround and go back.:p I agree Les, St. John is a D1 prospect now, not will be.

Hope you watched another game 6 minutes is a short time to drive a long way then turnaround and go back.:p I agree Les, St. John is a D1 prospect now, not will be.

I've watched South several times already this year, so I only stayed long enough to get an ideal as to how the game might go. I went to watch the Elliott County/Anderson County game and it was a real triller.

I believe he's listed as 6'9. Jim, he has really come along. He avereaged a double double during South's three games in the CFIT. Heck, he might be averaging a double double on the season.

Had a feeling he'd end up being a pretty good one once his coordination caught up with his size. Is he a junior now?

Unsung hero of the game was Wes Dean. Dean held Hood to 12 points until the 4th quarter and the game got a little hectic and Hood scored 8 points to finish with 20. Scoring for th cardinals: Watkins 15 Gilbert 7 Dean 12 Smith 25 St. John 16 C. Smith 2. Really a good offensive performance after only scoring 44 against Whitley.

I was told that an assistant from UK was there to watch St. John and then I ran across Jody Demling's blog and it said this - Big crowd at the Kentucky Prep Classic in Mount Sterling watching Elliott County against Anderson County with Madisonville and South Laurel up next.

Among those in attendance at Montgomery County are former Kentucky coach Joe B. Hall and former Wildcat Kyle Macy.

Also here is UK assistant coach Jeremy Cox. Word is besides watching signee Jon Hood, Cox is here to check out South Laurel big man Matt St. John.

St. John should get some more attention when South participates in the LIT this week.

The tournament schedule (seeds in parentheses):

Monday, Jan. 12

Fern Creek (12) vs. Butler (13), 3:30; Seneca (9) vs. Southern (16), 5; Manual (10) vs. Christian Academy (15), 6:30; St. Xavier (11) vs. Fairdale (14), 8:15

Tuesday, Jan. 13

Trinity (5) vs. North Bullitt (State 4), 3:30; Jeffersontown (1) vs. Fern Creek-Butler winner, 5; Pleasure Ridge Park (4) vs. Moore (6), 6:30; Christian County (State 1) vs. St. Xavier-Fairdale winner, 8:15

Wednesday, Jan. 14

Ballard (3) vs. Iroquois (8), 3:30; Eastern (2) vs. Manual-Christian Academy winner, 5; South Laurel (State 2) vs. Seneca-Southern winner, 6:30; Male (7) vs. Madisonville-North Hopkins (State 3), 8:15

Friday, Jan. 16

Quarterfinals at 3:30, 5:15, 7 and 8:45

Saturday, Jan. 17

Semifinals at 10:30 a.m. and noon; final at 7:30 p.m.