Highlands 58 Notre Dame Academy 50

Very physical game with tough Defense for both teams. NDA led at half and Highlands pulled ahead near the end of the 3rd. Big free throw advantage for Highlands but they earned the Win. NDA couldn't get a ball to drop in the second half.

Nice crowd in Park Hills

2008 Highlands 166.jpg

Action

2008 Highlands 158.jpg

Scramble for the ball

2008 Highlands 114.jpg

How did Casey Jackson look in her first game back? Stats?

Clearly not at 100%. Got released to play about an hour before the game but has to wear a large wrap on her left hand ring finger. Another week or so until she is free of that. Would have been nice to have at least one practice before trying to play with it but it is what it is.

Highlands defense won this one but I am sure the Pandas hope to have another chance to play the Bluebirds.

Don't count NDA out!

I don't think anyone will count them out, but I would look for a similar scenario next game. Constant pressure by Highlands. It wears a point guard down to be guarded that tightly all night. I've not seen Highlands pressure ND like this in the last couple of years. Highlands can't gloat about this win they have NCC Friday. I've never seen a score removed so quickly from the scoreboard after a game. As soon as the final buzzer went off the score was removed.

As soon as the final buzzer went off the score was removed.

Pretty meaningless comment. Why would anybody care about such a trivial thing. I am at every game and the scoreboard is shut down the same way win or lose.

I've never seen a score removed so quickly from the scoreboard after a game. As soon as the final buzzer went off the score was removed.

But the scorekeeper did have the correct score up, right?

The scorekeeper didn't fail to put up ALL of the opponents points, correct? Park Hills fans have seen that happen at least once in recent memory.