Highlands 58 Notre Dame Academy 50

I don't think anyone will count them out, but I would look for a similar scenario next game. Constant pressure by Highlands. It wears a point guard down to be guarded that tightly all night. I've not seen Highlands pressure ND like this in the last couple of years. Highlands can't gloat about this win they have NCC Friday. I've never seen a score removed so quickly from the scoreboard after a game. As soon as the final buzzer went off the score was removed.

They must really bring the pressure. I would have thought the time between qrts/half-time, numerous timeouts, and 40 free throws would have helped the PG a little.

But the scorekeeper did have the correct score up, right?

The scorekeeper didn't fail to put up ALL of the opponents points, correct? Park Hills fans have seen that happen at least once in recent memory.

I seem to remember that game also where the last points of the game were never added onto the scoreboard.....

Highlands defense won this one but I am sure the Pandas hope to have another chance to play the Bluebirds.

Could not agree more on the defense comment. Nice free throws by Allen and Towles. Great defense by Messmer too.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Pretty meaningless comment. Why would anybody care about such a trivial thing. I am at every game and the scoreboard is shut down the same way win or lose.
I agree. Win or lose, the scoreboard at NDA is turned off immediately following the game. Highlands deserves all the credit for last night's victory. But, don't count NDA out!

I agree. Win or lose, the scoreboard at NDA is turned off immediately following the game. Highlands deserves all the credit for last night's victory. But, don't count NDA out!
I was at the game, don't think anyone counted them out. Great game. Keep it rolling Birds. NCC fri night. Good luck

Courier-Journal Litkenhous Girls' Basketball Ratings

Last Updated:2009-01-08 :11:01

Top 20

1.Iroquois (14-0) 103.1

2.Christian Academy (10-1) 100.4

3.Manual (10-1) 99.8

4.Rowan County (10-0) 99.1

5.Henderson County (13-1) 99.1

6.Elizabethtown (12-1) 99.1

7.Mercy (10-4) 99.0

8.Montgomery County (12-1) 98.2

9.Lexington Christian (7-3) 96.9

10.North Hardin (12-3) 96.1

11.Franklin-Simpson (11-2) 94.8

12.Rockcastle County (11-4) 94.8

13.Notre Dame (9-5) 94.5

14.Nelson County (11-3) 94.4

15.Simon Kenton (8-3) 94.3

16.Lincoln County (11-3) 94.2

17.Highlands (11-1) 94.2

18.Marshall County (12-3) 94.1

19.Sacred Heart (10-2) 94.0

20.Ohio County (11-3) 93.4

You have to love the logic of the ratings!