Favorite smells

mcpapa

A couple of odd ones:

Anyone old enough to remember paste in a plastic jar? That one gets a thumbs-up from me.

Growing up close to the Chesapeake Bay, I like the smell of about any fresh/raw seafood. I LOVE the smell of a fish market, for example. Takes me back to my youth, when we could go to the docks on Chincoteague Island and buy bushel baskets of oysters or clams for next to nothing.

A mess of hard crabs boiling in water and Old Bay seasoning.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of odd ones:

Anyone old enough to remember paste in a plastic jar? That one gets a thumbs-up from me.

Growing up close to the Chesapeake Bay, I like the smell of about any fresh/raw seafood. I LOVE the smell of a fish market, for example. Takes me back to my youth, when we could go to the docks on Chincoteague Island and buy bushel baskets of oysters or clams for next to nothing.

A mess of hard crabs boiling in water and Old Bay seasoning.

I completely agree with the last two!

I lived near the Chesepeake Bay for a while and loved going for the seafood mmm. And I'm also from the south, so seafood, the smell, everything brings back home for me.

Oh and another one.

I love the smell of salt water, like a salt water creek, or the ocean.

Smoke from a wood stove, like last night when taking the dog for a walk.

Derby blend pipe tobacco (I have no idea if you can still find this stuff at a local tobacconist).

Cognac.

Peppers and onions frying.