Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What kind of player will Tyler Hansbrough be in the NBA?

What kind of player will Tyler Hansbrough be in the NBA? 60 members have voted

  1. 1. What kind of player will Tyler Hansbrough be in the NBA?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bill Lambeer Jr.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm him I hope Gerald Henderson is in the league when I'm there. I'd count the days until I had the chance for retribution and the fine would be worth it.

I think he will be a star. You don't accomplish everything that he has at the college level to be role player/non-factor in the NBA. He will out-work most of the stars by getting stronger, tougher and better mid-range shooter.

TH will be a solid role player. IMO he'll be a role player his first few years before becoming a starter as he gets bigger, stronger, and quicker. The kid has an unreal work ethic. See Jason Maxiell's career. IMO that's the path he'll take as well.

TH won't be a factor in the NBA. He is too small to be a power forward, or to body up anyone of stature. Then he doesn't have th skills to be a small forward in the NBA or be able to match up someone quick, plus he won't be able to draw the tick tack fouls he always gets.

Best case scenario- Elton Brand

Most likely scenario- Jason Maxiel

Best case scenario- Elton Brand

Most likely scenario- Jason Maxiel

 

It would be hard for me to think that he can impose his will underneath like Brand. Brand is a really good baskteball player that people underestimate his quickness and strength. Maxiel has found himself to be a semi-Rodman. I don't know if Tyler can do that.

 

I'm thinking more of local player in the NBA Matt Harpring who has had a very nice career.

I think he will be a star. You don't accomplish everything that he has at the college level to be role player/non-factor in the NBA. He will out-work most of the stars by getting stronger, tougher and better mid-range shooter.

 

Apples and Oranges, but Redick was very dominant in college..

  • Author
Apples and Oranges, but Redick was very dominant in college..

 

Yeah, definitely Apples and Oranges.

Definitely won't be a star or a starter but will give a good team quality minutes on the boards and defensive end. I don't see him as a scorer, I can see him being similar to Luke Walton for the Lakers.

Look at what Hansbrough does when he plays against bigs that more closely resemble what he'll face in the NBA. He really struggled against Kansas last year because their bigs were more athletic and stronger...and the officials didn't send Psycho T to the stripe every time they breathed on him.

 

No chance he's a star in the league. Just doesn't have the tools. He can be a good role player. I can see him being a nice energy guy to bring off the bench to give you some offense and a lot of effort. But, at the next level, he won't be able to get to the foul line by flopping and flailing.

Look at what Hansbrough does when he plays against bigs that more closely resemble what he'll face in the NBA. He really struggled against Kansas last year because their bigs were more athletic and stronger...and the officials didn't send Psycho T to the stripe every time they breathed on him.

 

No chance he's a star in the league. Just doesn't have the tools. He can be a good role player. I can see him being a nice energy guy to bring off the bench to give you some offense and a lot of effort. But, at the next level, he won't be able to get to the foul line by flopping and flailing.

 

:thumb: He has heart, I'll give him that. But in the NBA, you need a lot more than heart

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.