Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red Sox offer Teixeira $200 million

Featured Replies

Played in 109 games and hit .264 last season. He's not their best offensive weapon anymore, with the development of others. I also don't see them signing Babe Ruth, as he doesn't have the bat speed, he once did.
Ortiz has probably seen his best days, but I think the drop in his production had as much to do with his wrist problems as it did with the aging process.

 

If Ortiz stays healthy, he may have a bounceback year.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youkilis was a third baseman in the minor leagues and looked all right there in the postseason, but I have a hard time seeing him being anything other than a below-average third baseman defensively over the long haul.

 

If the Red Sox sign Teixeira, they have to do something with Lowell, and I don't see many teams being very agreeable to taking on his salary unless Boston agrees to eat some of it.

Why would they get rid of him when they would have no way of replacing his production at the DH spot? The addition of Tex doesn't create any position problems and getting rid of Ortiz would just leave a gapping hole in the lineup.
I never said, he would take his DH spot. Ortiz makes $13mil and Lowell is $12.5 mil.

 

Tex would replace Ortiz production wise and then, could sign a much less cost player, to DH.

I never said, he would take his DH spot. Ortiz makes $13mil and Lowell is $12.5 mil.

 

Tex would replace Ortiz production wise and then, could sign a much less cost player, to DH.

 

Such as??? No way they could get a guy that is as productive as Ortiz at his price tag.

Such as??? No way they could get a guy that is as productive as Ortiz at his price tag.
There are numerous older 1B, who have DH written all over them. Some DH's, who are '09 free-agents and Cliff Floyd comes to mind and he's under $3mil.
There are numerous older 1B, who have DH written all over them. Some DH's, who are '09 free-agents and Cliff Floyd comes to mind and he's under $3mil.

 

Ortiz had 23 HRs & 89 RBI in 109 games last year. If he had been healthy and played 150, he would have put up numbers to the tune of 32 HRs & 124 RBI....Floyd couldn't come close to those numbers.

Ortiz had 23 HRs & 89 RBI in 109 games last year. If he had been healthy and played 150, he would have put up numbers to the tune of 32 HRs & 124 RBI....Floyd couldn't come close to those numbers.
He doesn't come close to $13.5mil either. Like I said before, if this deal gets done, they need money from somewhere and I can see Ortiz, being the subject of discussion or moving on.

Boston spending more money... what do you know! I thought only NY did that.

This is just stupid - obviously the cutbacks in every business in america has ZERO affect on MLB owners

He doesn't come close to $13.5mil either. Like I said before, if this deal gets done, they need money from somewhere and I can see Ortiz, being the subject of discussion or moving on.

 

So you'd get rid of Ortiz when Lowell is the obvious odd man out, just to save about a million in payroll?

This is just stupid - obviously the cutbacks in every business in america has ZERO affect on MLB owners

 

Why should it? :confused:

So you'd get rid of Ortiz when Lowell is the obvious odd man out, just to save about a million in payroll?
In post #24, I mentioned moving Youk to 3B, which means Lowell is also gone and his $12.5mil, in my opinion.

Youkilis had a career year, too ... I would say that, at age 30, he is more likely to put up numbers closer to his three-year average (.293-19-90) than the .312-29-115 stats he posted in 2008.

 

In other words, signing Teixeira might mean it's time to explore Youkilis' value on the open market ... it's never going to be higher than it is now.

Youkilis had a career year, too ... I would say that, at age 30, he is more likely to put up numbers closer to his three-year average (.293-19-90) than the .312-29-115 stats he posted in 2008.

 

In other words, signing Teixeira might mean it's time to explore Youkilis' value on the open market ... it's never going to be higher than it is now.

Very well could and I think that 2, whomever the combination are, will be shopped for interest. I can see them keeping Youk, over Lowell at $3mil.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.