December 1, 200817 yr Author Is this the year Gonzaga makes the final four? It wouldn't shock me to see it happen. Heytveldt(sp?) can really play! I would say Elite Eight, not Final Four, but thats just my opinion.
December 1, 200817 yr The Zags have a very good team, good perimeter play and good post play will take them a long way.
December 1, 200817 yr Is this the year Gonzaga makes the final four? It wouldn't shock me to see it happen. Heytveldt(sp?) can really play! Speaking of which, how long has Heytfeldt (sp?) been at Gonzaga? Wasn't he on the original Elite 8 team that lost to UConn in '99?
December 1, 200817 yr UT is the same UT team of the past few years. Long, athletic, difficult to defend, they do not play defense, nor can can they rebound the ball. They have yet to have a good PG presence in Pearl's tenure.
December 1, 200817 yr Speaking of which, how long has Heytfeldt (sp?) been at Gonzaga? Wasn't he on the original Elite 8 team that lost to UConn in '99? I think he and Wayne Chism both started playing in 1998 or so. I feel like Chism was signed by Don DeVoe.
December 1, 200817 yr I think he and Wayne Chism both started playing in 1998 or so. I feel like Chism was signed by Don DeVoe. Didn't Chism back up Bernie?
December 1, 200817 yr Didn't Chism back up Bernie? I can remember him setting screens for Allan Houston like it was yesterday :thumb:
December 1, 200817 yr Some other players that seem like they've been in the SEC for 10 years are the guys at Alabama (Steele and the big guy). I guess UK doesn't have any players like that since all of our upperclassmen are terrible.
December 1, 200817 yr Some other players that seem like they've been in the SEC for 10 years are the guys at Alabama (Steele and the big guy). I guess UK doesn't have any players like that since all of our upperclassmen are terrible. Steele has to be pushing 30 years old right now...
December 2, 200817 yr Good win for the Zags! :ylsuper: Anytime U.T. loses it is a good day. Gonzaga imo is very capable of making a deep (final four) run this season. They have a good program and always put a good team on the floor but imo this season they may just step it up even higher.
December 3, 200817 yr This might be the best Zaga team to date. They are deep,athletic, big and can score with anyone. They could very well be a final four team this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.