Change that we got was a Clinton Presidency 8 years later?????

I think one thing Obama is doing well, is shoring up the "experience" in his administration. That seemed to be a sticking point for many Republicans, his lack of experience. He is at least surrounding himself with people who cannot be seen as "inexperienced".

The lack of experience, in my recollection of the vast number of threads leading up to the election, was HUGE in many anti-Obama posters.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One final thought on the Hillary appointment. This isn't anymore shocking than Lincoln appointing his political nemesis Seward and Stanton to posts in his cabinet.

The article addressed this.

Both Clinton and Lincoln barely pulled over 40% of the vote and neither had the complete backing of the country. It said in the article that Lincoln was the 3rd choice but the 1st two choices could find no support from the other side, so Lincoln was a "settled on" choice.

Obama, though, has a pretty fair mandate and is not in the same position the two of them are in.

^And now the Cabinet is being stocked with retreads...

I think I addressed the logic and practice among many past presidents in our lifetime. It's not like any of this is new irregardless of which party it is. :thumb:

I heard a report that with these selections it seems that he is assuming the present-day Bush policy on Iraq. That won't make the left happy.
Very true, those buying into his "Change" mantra were duped for sure.

I also like his pick of Paul Volcker to head his Economic Recovery Advisory Board.

Not to sound stupid (or at least - not too stupid) but did he appoint Hillary as Sec. of State? I haven't heard this and I can't find anything that says he did.....have I missed something?????

All I have read is that he will announce this after Thanksgiving......well we all know how things can change....

Not to sound stupid (or at least - not too stupid) but did he appoint Hillary as Sec. of State? I haven't heard this and I can't find anything that says he did.....have I missed something?????

All I have read is that he will announce this after Thanksgiving......well we all know how things can change....

Not officially yet, but everything leans toward it.

^ Which is why many (I won't name names) voted for Sen. Obama. Many of them feared that the downward spiral would continue.

And many of other voters fear that it will with Obama.

For my perspective and I have been very honest with this, I fear that that laws affecting abortions that have changed over the last 8 years will loosen.

There has already been talk of allowing abortions with taxpayer funds on military bases overseas to be started again.

I fear that a good portion of the things O supporters are championing will be at the cost of more unborn babies lives.