Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A Commonwealth Championship Game

Featured Replies

Again, I don't really follow much else other than Fort Campbell football....but which two teams do you think would make for the best Championship Game come the 11th hour of the 13th day of the 12th month of the year (11AM, 13 December for the folks that like my drama).

 

I'm goin' with Fort Campbell vs. Corbin. I've read a lot about Corbin on here and I think it would be a good match up.

 

I'm hopin' that Fort Campbell will go all the way, not tryin' to jinx the team.

 

Later.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for Ft. Campbell for no other reason than that article on the Carter boy (actually, I'm pulling for Bardstown, but they are a long-shot).

 

I'm also a big fan of the fans down in Corbin, the entire town shuts down for football games. NCC is very good but I guess I'm just kind of tired of seeing them up there.

I would like to see Ft. Campbell vs. Corbin, but honestly expect a rematch with the 'Breds.

 

FC has to stay focused and take one game at a time until then. There are teams in the Falcons path that are capable of pulling an upset.

  • Author
FC has to stay focused and take one game at a time until then. There are teams in the Falcons path that are capable of pulling an upset.

I agree......

 

Later.

The way NCC has put everything together all at the right time, it's going to be a tough challenge for anyone to knock them off.

I too would like to see Ft. Campbell and Corbin. I wouldn't mind seeing Danville either just for the Aura that would be around the game with all of the tradition. However, Ft. Campbell is who I'd like to see Corbin play. They have been tagged the best team and are the defending champs so you'd really see what kind of team you are holding if you were Corbin. All schools have to take care of business before hand, because there are no easy games left. I would also like to see a Corbin/NCC rematch in the semis. That was one classy bunch last year. They treated us Corbin fans well and with respect. I'd love to be able to do the same for them.

  • Author
I too would like to see Ft. Campbell and Corbin. I wouldn't mind seeing Danville either just for the Aura that would be around the game with all of the tradition. However, Ft. Campbell is who I'd like to see Corbin play. They have been tagged the best team and are the defending champs so you'd really see what kind of team you are holding if you were Corbin. All schools have to take care of business before hand, because there are no easy games left. I would also like to see a Corbin/NCC rematch in the semis. That was one classy bunch last year. They treated us Corbin fans well and with respect. I'd love to be able to do the same for them.

I agree whole-heartedly, there are no easy games left in the class right now, and both teams have a formidable foe standing in their way.

 

Later.

I think Corbin or NCC would both be formidable opponents. I will stick with NCC to make it to the carpet.

I still believe that NCC is teh class of 2A

I still believe that NCC is teh class of 2A

 

We like it that way, just like last year! Different year, same result pending!

We like it that way, just like last year! Different year, same result pending!

 

So, you are agreeing that NCC will have the same results this year as they did last year? And the year before that as well?

So, you are agreeing that NCC will have the same results this year as they did last year? And the year before that as well?

 

You are aware that the results that they had last year and the year before were different right?

So, you are agreeing that NCC will have the same results this year as they did last year? And the year before that as well?

 

Last year NCC lost to Fort Campbell, who was the underdog, in the finals. I believe that is what FalconBacker is referring to. The year before (2006) NCC won the 1A title defeating Danville.

So, you are agreeing that NCC will have the same results this year as they did last year? And the year before that as well?

 

I am exactly saying that if Fort Campbell and the 'Breds play in the championship it will be the same result as last year. Please check the official records for the 2007 2A champs - I am pretty sure you will see Ft. Campbell listed as champs and the 'Breds as runner-up. When I walked out of Papa John's the final was FC 21 - NCC 7, zero time left on the clock.

It will be interesting to see if either or both can get back to PJCS. I think they will but both will have a tough semifinal path. Fort Campbell has to find either Monroe or Green County on a map and NCC will likely have to travel to Corbin. Neither are easy places to play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.