Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 6A - Simon Kenton @ Lafayette

Who Wins? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Lafayette
      47%
      34
    • Simon Kenton
      52%
      37

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lafayette's Field is not in good shape. They are the only team in Fayette County without a new field.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Lafayette's field is one of the worst around. It will no doubt be sloppy. I would think that would be an advantage to Lafayette to neutralize the speed of Simpson.

Lafayette Generals

Playoff Appearance: 17th

All-time Record: 10-16

 

Simon Kenton Pioneers

Playoff Appearance: 5th

All-time Record: 1-4

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

None

 

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

 

This one might be too close to call, but I'm going 17-14 Lafayette due to the home field advantage and one dimensional SK attack. (Pretty sad numbers on SK in the playoffs.)

This one might be too close to call, but I'm going 17-14 Lafayette due to the home field advantage and one dimensional SK attack. (Pretty sad numbers on SK in the playoffs.)

 

Not necessary.:rolleyes:

Not necessary.:rolleyes:

 

How so? Five playoff appearances in how many years? This isn't a johnny-come-lately school we're talking about here.

Many things have changed in those years. Coaching and players. The past is history. Must live in the present. Coach Marksberry has rallied the troops and headed to Lexington to bring home the WIN. These coaches and players are hungry and on a streak. I believe they could make it further this year than ever before. They have what it takes to do this and now it is working for them.

How so? Five playoff appearances in how many years? This isn't a johnny-come-lately school we're talking about here.

 

You have to remember, they were in the same district with Highlands and CovCath when only two teams made the playoffs. Program started in '66, first playoff game was in'93, a win over Boyd. In the 2nd round they lost to CovCath the eventual AAA champion. In '01 they lost in round one to eventual AAAA champion Trinity. In '05, they lost in round one to eventual AAAA champion Trinity, and last year they lost in round one to Ryle.

 

Lafayette is also one dimensional if you look at their stats, they must be very solid on defense, they've played some low scoring games.

You have to remember, they were in the same district with Highlands and CovCath when only two teams made the playoffs. Program started in '66, first playoff game was in'93, a win over Boyd. In the 2nd round they lost to CovCath the eventual AAA champion. In '01 they lost in round one to eventual AAAA champion Trinity. In '05, they lost in round one to eventual AAAA champion Trinity, and last year they lost in round one to Ryle.

 

I know. They were also in AAA in the old sub-district days when one ill-placed loss could end your season, but I sure thought that they'd have made more than four playoff appearances over the years.

1966 was the first year? Now that I didn't know.

I know. They were also in AAA in the old sub-district days when one ill-placed loss could end your season, but I sure thought that they'd have made more than four playoff appearances over the years.

1966 was the first year? Now that I didn't know.

 

I don't know much prior to the '80's, but I believe their best record in that decade was in the 6 win range. I remember the Post had a breakdown for all NKY teams for the decade and I think they may have only had more wins than Scott for the decade. '93-'95 they had some nice talent but then hit the skids until '98 when they had a very nice team that gave HHS their closest game within the state to finish the season. Some rough years, but since coach Marksberry and Lucas arrived they made some strides and now need to get over the hump, expecting to win should be the mindset. A win over Lafayette would be a very nice start.

I don't know much prior to the '80's, but I believe their best record in that decade was in the 6 win range. I remember the Post had a breakdown for all NKY teams for the decade and I think they may have only had more wins than Scott for the decade. '93-'95 they had some nice talent but then hit the skids until '98 when they had a very nice team that gave HHS their closest game within the state to finish the season. Some rough years, but since coach Marksberry and Lucas arrived they made some strides and now need to get over the hump, expecting to win should be the mindset. A win over Lafayette would be a very nice start.

 

They went 7-4 three times in the 70's ('74, '77, and '79), but as already mentioned with the way things were set up back then they were unable to make the playoffs. They went 8-2-1 in 1968. I think the '98 team was the best in the last 15 years to not have a playoff birth.

Many things have changed in those years. Coaching and players. The past is history. Must live in the present. Coach Marksberry has rallied the troops and headed to Lexington to bring home the WIN. These coaches and players are hungry and on a streak. I believe they could make it further this year than ever before. They have what it takes to do this and now it is working for them.

 

It does stack up nicely for SK this year. First round against arguably the weakest 1 seed in all of 6A. If they can win and assuming the higher seed prevails in the other game they would play Conner, who SK should have beat.

They went 7-4 three times in the 70's ('74, '77, and '79), but as already mentioned with the way things were set up back then they were unable to make the playoffs. They went 8-2-1 in 1968. I think the '98 team was the best in the last 15 years to not have a playoff birth.

 

 

I agree, they were the 2nd best unit I've seen besides the '93 group. They were really playing well down the stretch, and really helped the program move towards respectability. Just to think they had lost 23 games prior to escaping with a win over Dayton, then to turn it around was very fun to watch.

It does stack up nicely for SK this year. First round against arguably the weakest 1 seed in all of 6A. If they can win and assuming the higher seed prevails in the other game they would play Conner, who SK should have beat.

 

Lafayette has been pick to lose most of there games this year but end up with a 7-3 record so that has to mean something. The Lafayette D has played against some very good offenses, great RBs, and has done well, so I don't think it would be any different this week. They have plenty of speed on D to deal with SK.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I go with Lafayette in this one,play Boyle Co. to a 14-7 game back in midseason, they have speed and a very good D.

Lafayette has been pick to lose most of there games this year but end up with a 7-3 record so that has to mean something. The Lafayette D has played against some very good offenses, great RBs, and has done well, so I don't think it would be any different this week. They have plenty of speed on D to deal with SK.

 

I didn't say they would lose, just that SK probably has the best draw out of any 4 seed in 6A. I have mixed feelings about the game. My head says Lafayette, but I want to pick SK.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.