Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubs Targeting Peavy

Featured Replies

No its more like he's yet to make the transition, he does great in AAA but can't make that next step

 

Brandon Larson was a heck of a AAA player, doesn't mean squat when it comes to playing on the big stage though....

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^You don't know

 

And you do because you are a Cubs fan.... Right.:rolleyes: And yes I do know, I follow baseball pretty closely.

If Pie had any trade value solo, he would be gone by now.

 

And with the CF job uncertain for next year, I don't think they deal him unless they have someone else in place.

I hope the Braves will land Peavy, then hopefully sign Furcal or Renteria back, and also get another pitcher on the FA market. That would be ideal...

^ If the Braves deal Escobar in any trade for Peavy, I think Furcal or Renteria is a likely choice at SS.

 

I think Escobar is the one things holding the deal up. I think the Braves are the top choice of the Padres.

^ If the Braves deal Escobar in any trade for Peavy, I think Furcal or Renteria is a likely choice at SS.

 

I think Escobar is the one things holding the deal up. I think the Braves are the top choice of the Padres.

 

:thumb:

 

I wouldn't mind if the Braves gave way Escobar, but only if they knew they could get Furcal or (preferably) Renteria back.

Teams have until Nov. 13 to negotiate solely with the FAs. The ESPN bottom line said the deal would be done within a week. Nov. 13 falls within that time frame.

:thumb:

 

I wouldn't mind if the Braves gave way Escobar, but only if they knew they could get Furcal or (preferably) Renteria back.

 

Heard the Cardinals are interested in Escobar and/or Johnson.

I hope the Braves get Peavy but I would hate to see Escobar go. For Peavy I could handle it but I think Escobar is going to be a nice player down the road.

  • Author
And you do because you are a Cubs fan.... Right.:rolleyes: And yes I do know, I follow baseball pretty closely.

 

:lol: So touchy, I was just messing with you Hammertoe :D

I've seen that if the Cubs want to get Peavy, they have to give up Jeff Samadjiza, Felix Pie, and Sean Marshall. I don't mind Sean Marshall and Pie, but I don't want to see Samadjiza go.

  • Author

No way the Cubs give up Jeff!

No way the Cubs give up Jeff!

 

Yeah there is no way they do that...

If the Braves do indeed trade Escobar then they already said they would have a lot of interest in Furcal and Renteria or maybe even trading for JJ Hardy.

 

 

Braves package seems to be; SS Yunel Escobar, P Gorkys Hernandez, CF Jordan Schafer, and a lesser pitching prospect.

 

IMO that beats any Cubs offer...Not to offend Cubs fans but the stats show that our offer is superior at this moment...

 

What say you Rocket?

  • Author

I think it'll be difficult for the Cubs to get him but Peavey has a say in where he goes and if any GM could pull it off with something creative, Jim Hendry can do it. If we get him great, but if not we'll survive. They won 97 games last year, they don't have to re-invent the wheel or anything

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.