Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubs Targeting Peavy

Featured Replies

Per ESPN IN and mlbtraderumors.com The Cubs have made it be know they are going to make a push for Peavy. Peavy listed the Cubs as one of the few teams he would like to play for. This and they are claiming that they want both Dempster AND Peavey. I'm afraid this means that they won't try and bring Wood back. I must say this rotation would be sick, I assume Marquis would be gone as well...

 

Big Z

Peavey

Harden

Lilly

Dempster

 

With a bullpen of Shark, Marmol, Gaudin, Marshal and Maybe Guzmon or something.

 

If they can find a way to get Furcal that'd be nice.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marquis has another year on his contract and he will be hard to move, and Marshall provides depth in the rotation.

 

If the Cubs can get Peavy at a reasonable price, I would be inclined to let Dempster sign elsewhere. I just don't think he will be worth his new contract.

  • Author
Marquis has another year on his contract and he will be hard to move, and Marshall provides depth in the rotation.

 

If the Cubs can get Peavy at a reasonable price, I would be inclined to let Dempster sign elsewhere. I just don't think he will be worth his new contract.

 

From what Im reading they are planning on trying to give Dempster 4-48mil and and Peavey 4-60mil. One thing is for sure, the Cubs are about like the BoSox and Yanks with the deepest pockets and doesn't hurt them to pay big salaries.

^ Just updated...They said they still believe the Braves are most likely to acquire Peavy because they would include Escobar which is an already established major league shortstop. But who knows....It is really down to the Braves and Cubs though...

  • Author
^ Just updated...They said they still believe the Braves are most likely to acquire Peavy because they would include Escobar which is an already established major league shortstop. But who knows....It is really down to the Braves and Cubs though...

 

I'm hoping just like you are :D

 

If they don't get Peavey, they may turn their attention to one of the other available quality starters out there. I think they are really looking for someone to replace Marquis

I'm hoping just like you are :D

 

If they don't get Peavey, they may turn their attention to one of the other available quality starters out there. I think they are really looking for someone to replace Marquis

 

What bout Lowe, Penny, or Burnett?

I really hope the Braves get him, then they would arguably have the best 1/2 punch in the National League maybe the MLB in Hudson and Peavy.

  • Author

I'd be very surprised if Dempster isn't back, and are saying they want both Dempster and Peavey, if we can't get Peavey, I'd love to have Burnett, then Lowe, and Penny in that order. We still need a good LH bat though. I'm sure they are poised to move Pie for sure and let Fuku platoon w/ Reed Johnson in Center and go after a good LH bat to play RF

I really hope the Braves get him, then they would arguably have the best 1/2 punch in the National League maybe the MLB in Hudson and Peavy.
Hudson will be out for most of the season ...
  • Author
Hudson will be out for most of the season ...

 

:flame:

Hudson will be out for most of the season ...

 

August is best case scenario for Hudson..

 

Braves, even if they do acquire Peavy they will be looking to sign another pitcher from the FA market.

They can not rely on Zambarano, and found that out this year. Yes he threw a no no, but what after that? NADA! They need a new "ace".

Who isn't going for him now? He listed the Cardinals as well and I hope they push for him. The Yankees just entered as well, but they say that Peavy wants to stay NL because he loves to hit.

Hudson will be out for most of the season ...

 

I did not know that his injury was that serious... Well then I'll be suprised then if the Braves will be above .500. The Braves have some good young players but we are in need of some pitching.

I did not know that his injury was that serious... Well then I'll be suprised then if the Braves will be above .500. The Braves have some good young players but we are in need of some pitching.

 

Did you not keep up with the Braves last season??? Hudson had an injury that required Tommy John surgery...

 

He missed around the last month or little bit more I believe..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.