November 6, 200817 yr Says a lot right there... If they are 18 and sign up for the Army and signed that contract but didn't like the Drill Seargant they were assigned should they be allowed out? Your choice of college is a little different than going to the Army.
November 6, 200817 yr It set Pearl back in the first few years. Sure he got some talent, but they were bad kids because he had trouble getting the right kind of guys...He's done pretty well. No matter what he had to do, it hasn't hurt them like you were insinuating this would hurt AZ.
November 6, 200817 yr Author He's done pretty well. No matter what he had to do, it hasn't hurt them like you were insinuating this would hurt AZ. How do you know it didn't cost them recruits when other coaches talked about it? You don't. I simply said it would be used against them, and it will...
November 6, 200817 yr How many wars do college athletes have to fight in? That has nothing to do with the question I asked you. They are adults signing a legal document. They are committing, they are adults in the eyes of the law, I have no problem with them making him honor his committment. I don't agree, but I can't disagree with the schools position, and only time will tell if it really does hurt their recruiting efforts. With a new coach I can't imagine it's going to blow anyone out of the water but that's to be expected with a new coach.
November 6, 200817 yr How do you know it didn't cost them recruits when other coaches talked about it? You don't. I simply said it would be used against them, and it will...It will, no doubt. I just don't see it being a huge issue. Like I said in my previous post, time will tell, but it didn't really hurt Pearl and I doubt seriously that a coach is going to recruit a kid and be like "ohh yeah, if you're unhappy here, we'll let you go no questions asked."
November 6, 200817 yr Author It will, no doubt. I just don't see it being a huge issue. Like I said in my previous post, time will tell, but it didn't really hurt Pearl and I doubt seriously that a coach is going to recruit a kid and be like "ohh yeah, if you're unhappy here, we'll let you go no questions asked." It will be more like "If you go there, they will not have your best interests in mind"...
November 6, 200817 yr It will be more like "If you go there, they will not have your best interests in mind"...You mean to tell me coaches recruit against other schools and don't just recruit for their schools? I don't believe that for a second! :lol: :lol:
November 6, 200817 yr Author You mean to tell me coaches recruit against other schools and don't just recruit for their schools? I don't believe that for a second! :lol: :lol: I've got some prime beach front property in Walton if you're interested... :lol:
November 6, 200817 yr Because they will be really bad without him. I'll never understand why you force someone to be a part of something they don't want to be a part of... Agreed. Bad for the kid, bad for the coach, bad for the team.
November 7, 200817 yr That has nothing to do with the question I asked you. They are adults signing a legal document. They are committing, they are adults in the eyes of the law, I have no problem with them making him honor his committment. I don't agree, but I can't disagree with the schools position, and only time will tell if it really does hurt their recruiting efforts. With a new coach I can't imagine it's going to blow anyone out of the water but that's to be expected with a new coach. A serious question. I was 17 when I entered college. Would that have made a difference?
November 7, 200817 yr A serious question. I was 17 when I entered college. Would that have made a difference?Only difference would be I think your parents/legal guardian would have to sign as well. Still a legal document though that is binding. As far as I know. People don't realize that these LOI are legal contracts. These schools are ponying up a lot of money in return for a service, the entire balance of power can not reside with the whims of the player.
November 7, 200817 yr Those saying they should let him out. If that same 18 year old "kid" went in and bought a car but decided he didn't want to pay for it because he's a kid and he didn't know any better and the car didn't perform like he thought it would, should they just let him out of paying for it? It's no different at all.
November 7, 200817 yr Cant blame the kid for wanting to transfer with Olsen's sudden departure. however, I dont blame the AD for making him stay at least one year. Tubby denied Joe Crawford a release and he turned out okay. I think the Withey kid is a little suspect. Originally committed to UofL then reneged to go to Arizona. Seem to recall that Arizona hired his personal strength coach or something like that to get him. Sound like the kid has a comittment problem
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.