Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona Denies Withey Release

Featured Replies

6'10" stud freshman C Jeff Withey has his request to be released from Arizona denied by the AD.

“My very simple reason is I firmly believe, as the letter of intent states, that he needs to stay a full academic year,” Livengood said to the Arizona Daily Star. “At the end of [the year] — as I told him last night — I would gladly release him if he wanted.”

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Why wait to release him after a year?

Because they will be really bad without him. I'll never understand why you force someone to be a part of something they don't want to be a part of...

As will I but its up the schools discretion after the dotted line as been signed...

  • Author
As will I but its up the schools discretion after the dotted line as been signed...

And they will get hammered for it on the recruiting trail...

And they will get hammered for it on the recruiting trail...
This hasn't happened for a while. I guess we'll see.
  • Author

:confused:

I hate when kids get shafted like this.

:confused:
I mean there hasn't been a high profile player ask for a release and have it denied. Have we? I could very easily be forgetting about someone.
  • Author
I mean there hasn't been a high profile player ask for a release and have it denied. Have we? I could very easily be forgetting about someone.

Tyler Smith...

I hate when kids get shafted like this.
See I don't see it that way. They should definitely give him the release, however you're a big boy now, you sign with a school not a coach. Welcome to the real world.
Tyler Smith...
Didn't hurt anyones recruiting though...
See I don't see it that way. They should definitely give him the release, however you're a big boy now, you sign with a school not a coach. Welcome to the real world.

 

They may be 18, but they are still kids. If I were him, I would make sure the team suffered this season.

They may be 18, but they are still kids. If I were him, I would make sure the team suffered this season.

Says a lot right there...

 

If they are 18 and sign up for the Army and signed that contract but didn't like the Drill Seargant they were assigned should they be allowed out?

  • Author
Didn't hurt anyones recruiting though...

 

It set Pearl back in the first few years. Sure he got some talent, but they were bad kids because he had trouble getting the right kind of guys...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.