Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When will you start?

When will you put up your Christmas decorations? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. When will you put up your Christmas decorations?

    • Before Thanksgiving
      9%
      2
    • After Thanksgiving
      77%
      17
    • As soon as possible
      13%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'll start sometime between the wedding tomorrow and Thanksgiving . First things first .

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen them up and on already. IMO, it's too early to turn them on, but not too early to put them up.

I'll start putting up the lights on the house now. The stuff in the yard I'll wait another couple weeks. I won't hit the switch until the Friday after Thanksgiving. However, I've got to add a new electrical box, breakers, and outlets for the outside lights. :irked: The interior decorations and tree will not get put up until either the night of Thanksgiving or the following day.

 

I hear ya Clark Griswold :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So it sounds like I am jumping the gun if I start next week hehehe. I just want to enjoy every second I can having my hubby home this year.

 

I think you should start this weekend. You had to miss out last year so celebrate all you want this year. :ylsuper::ylsuper:

I hear ya Clark Griswold :lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

:D While building our house, I noticed that the electric box was full, and left me no room to add for my Christmas lights. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. :irked: And I keep my house tastefull. I don't have rows and rows of lights on the house, or 10,000 blow ups in the yard. ;)

A day after Thanksgiving.

My mom decorates the exact same way every year. After everyone leave from Thanksgiving, she puts the tree up. On CHRISTMAS MORNING, she takes the tree down.

I've added a poll.

  • Author
I've added a poll.

 

Thank you.

  • Author

Well like I said, I am starting to put up Christmas decorations. Well the tree is up. We have a baby kitten named Bella, well look where she has made her sleeping quarters.:mad:

SANY0057.jpg

Due to my daughter love for Christmas, we had to make a rule many years ago that stated, No Christmas music can be played, nor any Christmas decorations put up, until the day after Thanksgivings. That first year of the new rule, that darn kid at 12:01am Friday morning started putting up decorations and playing Christmas music!

 

Now that she is away at College, I can only guess that her dorm room already has her Christmas decorations up! Can't wait until she gets home and starts putting them up, as our home feels so empty with her gone!

  • Author
Due to my daughter love for Christmas, we had to make a rule many years ago that stated, No Christmas music can be played, nor any Christmas decorations put up, until the day after Thanksgivings. That first year of the new rule, that darn kid at 12:01am Friday morning started putting up decorations and playing Christmas music!

 

Now that she is away at College, I can only guess that her dorm room already has her Christmas decorations up! Can't wait until she gets home and starts putting them up, as our home feels so empty with her gone!

 

How sweet. So nice that she loves Christmas though, its a happy time no matter what in my eyes. I would leave it up all year if I didn't get made fun of hahaha. My mother in-law leaves hers up all year in side the house.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.