Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Opening Weekend Preparations

Featured Replies

What are the necessities? (scents, calls, accessories, etc.)

What are the necessities? (scents, calls, accessories, etc.)

 

License, permits, gun, ammo, knife, rope, water, vienna & crackers, TP. and backpack full of common sense.

 

Good luck to everyone and hunt safely.

License, permits, gun, ammo, knife, rope, water, vienna & crackers, TP. and backpack full of common sense.

 

Good luck to everyone and hunt safely.

 

Sounds like you've been out in the woods with mer before.:thumb:

License, permits, gun, ammo, knife, rope, water, vienna & crackers, TP. and backpack full of common sense.

 

Good luck to everyone and hunt safely.

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely! This pretty much sums it up and if one could find a rub line then my advice is to find a stand site right there. Rubs mean much more than some think.

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely! This pretty much sums it up and if one could find a rub line then my advice is to find a stand site right there. Rubs mean much more than some think.

 

:thumb: Absolutely!! I know someone who has been very successful hunting rub lines.;)

This will be the first year in about 5 that I have actually hunted with a gun. After watching several bucks the past couple of years out of bow range during rifle season I decided this year to try the 30-06. Hopefully I will get a love sick booner to trot by.

:thumb: Absolutely!! I know someone who has been very successful hunting rub lines.;)

 

As do I, maybe a couple of people in and around Booger Bottom,Ky..;)

One piece of advice which if BY FAR the most important for anyone going into gun season. SAFETY!!! -Please, make sure of your target and what is beyond that target before you even think about raising your gun for a shot.

 

"All the deer ever bred are not worth one man dead"

  • Author
License, permits, gun, ammo, knife, rope, water, vienna & crackers, TP. and backpack full of common sense.

 

Good luck to everyone and hunt safely.

 

 

Couldn't have said it better myself! Kudos on the Vienna/Crackers and TP. :thumb:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Kudos on the Vienna/Crackers and TP. :thumb:

 

:thumb: Vienna's...The deer hunters steak!! TP....The deer hunters best friend.:lol:

License, permits, gun, ammo, knife, rope, water, vienna & crackers, TP. and backpack full of common sense.

 

Good luck to everyone and hunt safely.

 

You hit the nail on the head, cville. Don't forget a flashlight in case you are out after dark or before sunrise.

You hit the nail on the head, cville. Don't forget a flashlight in case you are out after dark or before sunrise.

 

Thanks for reminding me about the flashlight:thumb:. It is a must have item!! along with extra batteries.

Speaking of hunting safely, I hung a treestand about 30 feet vertically. I now am the proud owner of a Hunter Safety System. Very nice and user friendly. Now, I hope I just don't have to see how it works!:scared:

 

 

Good luck to everyone.

Speaking of hunting safely, I hung a treestand about 30 feet vertically. I now am the proud owner of a Hunter Safety System. Very nice and user friendly. Now, I hope I just don't have to see how it works!:scared:

 

 

Good luck to everyone.

 

:thumb: Great advice Doc. I wish I had taken your advice several years ago.:eek:

 

30 feet in the air should be the right height to keep others in your hunting party out of the killing tree.:lol:

Dont forget ORANGE on the head and torso!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.