State Volleyball Tournament

Dlbdonn

Here are the first round matchups for Halloween Friday at Bellermine University.

Southwestern ( 28/8 ) vs Owensboro Catholic ( 22/16 ) 1:00 pm

Paul Dunbar ( 27/14 ) vs Belfry ( 32/3 ) 2:00 pm

Henderson County ( 22/18 ) vs Sacred Heart ( 26/8 ) 3:00 pm

Russell ( 32/4 )vs Letcher County Central ( 32/3 ) 4:00 pm

Logan County ( 36/7 ) vs Corbin ( 27/10 )5:00 pm

Newport Central Catholic ( 30/4 ) vs Marshall County ( 28/8 ) 6:00 pm

North Oldham ( 18/17 ) vs Winner 9th region either ( St. Henry (29/9 ) or Notre Dame ( 33/4 ) does not include regional final ) 7:00 pm

Green County ( 33/5 ) vs Mercy ( 34/1 ) 8:00 PM

All records are according to the KHSAA web site and does not include Bluegrass Games records .

Congratulations and Good Luck to all the teams !!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and say Sacred Heart vs. Mercy in the Final.

If it goes chalk, you may be right. IF it happens that way, it will be a closer game than the rest this season. Mercy has won all four matches against SHA season, tough to beat someone 5 times. It will pair two brothers coaching against each other for the 1st time for the title, IF it happens that way.

Mercy lost one of it's best players last week (hopefully temporarily) in Madison Hardy, but Freshman Lauren Schneidtmiller has stepped in with two remarkable games in her absence.

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and say Sacred Heart vs. Mercy in the Final.

Dont discount Notre Dame. They went to the finals last year and beat Sacred Heart during the regular season. NCC also has a great chance to be there.

It is odd not to have Assumption in the mix. When was the last time they didnt win regionals?

Dont discount Notre Dame. They went to the finals last year and beat Sacred Heart during the regular season. NCC also has a great chance to be there.

It is odd not to have Assumption in the mix. When was the last time they didnt win regionals?

For some reason I thought it would be longer than that.

Tough when some districts have so much talent. Great teams are left sitting at home while teams from weaker districts advance.

Dont know how to fix that though.

Like the Highlands NCC district . NCC was definately the best team in the region but Highlands should have been in the regional too . One of the teams was still serving underhand:eek:, and it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen again at State .

Like the Highlands NCC district . NCC was definately the best team in the region but Highlands should have been in the regional too . One of the teams was still serving underhand:eek:, and it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen again at State .

Possibly add another level like sectionals or something or add a day and make it 2 and out????????????

My niece is playing in the state tournament in Kansas and they have pool play the first day followed by bracket play the next....if KY took 2 teams from each region they could have 8 pools of 4 teams each (2 1st place and 2 2nd place in each pool)....this would allow each team to have 3 guaranteed matches as opposed to traveling across the state only to lose in the first round and be sent home...the top two teams from each pool would advance to bracket play and then it can be one and out from that point...with this format, each region would be well represented at the state tournament with guaranteed 3 matches and the final 8 teams would be the best teams in the state...just an idea! :cool:

Edited by GovFan16

My niece is playing in the state tournament in Kansas and they have pool play the first day followed by bracket play the next....if KY took 2 teams from each region they could have 8 pools of 4 teams each (2 1st place and 2 2nd place in each pool)....this would allow each team to have 3 guaranteed matches as opposed to traveling across the state only to lose in the first round and be sent home...the top two teams from each pool would advance to bracket play and then it can be one and out from that point...with this format, each region would be well represented at the state tournament with guaranteed 3 matches and the final 8 teams would be the best teams in the state...just an idea! :cool:
Call the Khsaa Please !!!

That sounds great! Change seems to come slowly in the KHSAA. Hope someone is reading this!