October 20, 200817 yr EASTERN DIVISION (Votes) Last Year’s Record: Tennessee (23) 172 14-2 31-5 Florida (5) 143 8-8 24-12 Kentucky (2) 130 12-4 18-13 Vanderbilt 88 10-6 26-8 South Carolina 56 5-11 14-18 Georgia 41 4-12 17-17 WESTERN DIVISION Alabama (11) 151 5-11 17-16 LSU (11) 147 6-10 13-18 Ole Miss (8) 136 7-9 24-11 Miss. State 91 12-4 23-11 Auburn 54 4-12 14-16 Arkansas 51 9-7 23-12 FIRST TEAM ALL-SEC Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown Patrick Patterson, Kentucky — 6-9 235 So. Huntington, W.Va. Tyler Smith, Tennessee F 6-7 215 Jr. Pulaski, Tenn. Nick Calathes, Florida G/F 6-6 194 So. Casselberry, Fla. Devan Downey, South Carolina G 5-9 175 Jr. Chester, S.C. A.J. Ogilvy, Vanderbilt C 6-11 250 So. Sydney, Australia SECOND TEAM ALL-SEC Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown Marcus Thornton, LSU G 6-4 205 Sr. Baton Rouge, La. Jarvis Varnado, Miss. State F/C 6-9 210 Jr. Brownsville, Tenn. Ronald Steele, Alabama G 6-1 191 Sr. Birmingham, Ala. Tasmin Mitchell, LSU F 6-7 240 Jr. Denham Springs, La. Chris Warren, Ole Miss G 5-10 160 So. Orlando, Fla. Alonzo Gee, Alabama G 6-6 219 Sr. Palm Beach, Fla.
October 20, 200817 yr I'm interested to see how Steele plays. Every year there is one guy who seems like he's been around for forever. This year it is Steele.
October 21, 200817 yr I hope steele has a good year i hate seeing a player with that much talent staying hurt his whole career. I hope he stays injury free..
October 21, 200817 yr Every year there is one guy who seems like he's been around for forever. This year it is Steele. :thumb: I think Gee will have a monster year.
October 21, 200817 yr I'm interested to see how Steele plays. Me too. When healthy he is one of the best PG's in the country. Will Alabama live up to high expectations this year? Seems like the last 4 years they have not met expectations. They have a lot of talent too. As HT pointed out, I too, believe Gee will have a big year.
October 21, 200817 yr I guess Jodie Meeks is flying under the radar...:thumb: After the kind of year he had last year they are not going to vote on him on expectations alone, but by the end of the year he should be first or second team.
October 21, 200817 yr Every year there is one guy who seems like he's been around for forever. This year it is Steele. I swear me and my friend was just talking about that.:lol:
October 21, 200817 yr Gee can jump out of the gym. Varnado is the scariest player in the SEC, if you get near the rim you will get the ball sent back RSVP.
October 21, 200817 yr Varnado is the scariest player in the SEC, if you get near the rim you will get the ball sent back RSVP. While he's fouling you and goal tending simultaneously.
October 21, 200817 yr While he's fouling you and goal tending simultaneously. And stealing your wallet.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.